JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
UPS shipped both of my 30-rd AR my orders (both orders were over $100 each) to my front porch without a signature required.

USPS would not leave my pistol mags (also an order of over $100) on my front porch, and require a signature for me to receive them.

I never called anyone...

This leaves me befuddled, bewitched, and bewildered...
Whoever ships the original product chooses whether a signature is required or not. It has nothing to do with the service it was shipped through. USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc. have no control over whether or not a signature is required. It's the vendor that dictates it.

Which options did the shipper select? I don't think USPS itself decided to add any signature requirements to a package they don't care about.
I didn't see where there was anything to select for shipping on the checkout page. At least, nothing that required a signature. Or not...

Whoever ships the original product chooses whether a signature is required or not. It has nothing to do with the service it was shipped through. USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc. have no control over whether or not a signature is required. It's the vendor that dictates it.
If that's the case, then why would GMW require a signature? Why would they even care? Why is there no option for me to decline "signature required"?
I can only sign the form that the postal worker left on the front door, and then make sure I'm here the next time she comes to deliver it.
If I miss her tomorrow, when she comes back (it says she will), then it gets sent back to GMW.
Why such a load of extraneous BS over 10 pistol mags? o_Oo_O

If that's the case, then why would GMW require a signature? Why would they even care? Why is there no option for me to decline "signature required"?
I can only sign the form that the postal worker left on the front door, and then make sure I'm here the next time she comes to deliver it.
If I miss her tomorrow, when she comes back (it says she will), then it gets sent back to GMW.
In such cases, I usually call as soon as I see the pink slip and ask them to hold it at the PO until I can come get it. Luckily, it's rare since we have a reception desk and mailroom at the studio...

Why does GMW refuse to ship ammo to WA? I've asked them and they won't explain. They either have no idea, or just treat WA as "too liberal" to receive ammo. The prospect of GMW having an odd signature required policy for mags would not surprise me one bit.

Some sellers have a policy of requiring signatures on all ammo shipments or orders over $100, they don't let the buyer opt out.
See, this is what's really phuq'n weird...

I bought a half-dozen pistol mags back in mid-February from GMW (same place as this order of 10).
That order total back then was $240 after tax and shipping.
They delivered those mags in one box, straight to my doorstep.

Now, 6 weeks later, I order 10 more pistol mags from GMW, and this order's total is $525 after tax and shipping.
Do you think it's cuz I broke some (unbeknownst to me) $500 ceiling at GMW that now requires me to sign for the package??? o_O
If that's it, it sure woulda been nice if they had allowed me to opt out of the "signature required" bullshhit. This is totally inconvenient...

I don't know. You would have to ask them…. Normally if you miss the delivery a set amount of times they will leave a slip and you will be able to go pick it up at a central location.

I don't know. You would have to ask them…. Normally if you miss the delivery a set amount of times they will leave a slip and you will be able to go pick it up at a central location.
I only missed it once. The postal worker left a form at the first (and so far, only) attempt at delivery that said that I had only one more chance before they would send it back. Seems pretty lame to me...

I only missed it once. The postal worker left a form at the first (and so far, only) attempt at delivery that said that I had only one more chance before they would send it back. Seems pretty lame to me...
Well I would focus your frustration on the dealer not the carrier…

Well I would focus your frustration on the dealer not the carrier…
It is focused on GMW... mostly. But the USPS gets some shhit thrown at them as well for only giving one second chance.
Now, assuming she comes back sometime tomorrow, I'm under house arrest until she decides to bring my mags over.

So, it happened. I thought it would happen. No, I knew it would happen. And it happened. Of course it did...

No ring of the doorbell, no knock on the door, no package on the front porch, and nothing left in the mailbox.
Tracking says it was supposed to be delivered again today, but there's no hide nor hair of it. Not even Jada Pinkett-Smith has seen it...
It's nearing the end of Day 1 of the hostage crisis and I'm still waiting for the postwoman to arrive...
But it's all for naught. God only knows where it is now... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Have you tried CALLING your local post office during business hours? Maybe I just get lucky because mine's clerks have known me personally for a while ever since an old college classmate was one of them, but...

Have you tried CALLING your local post office during business hours? Maybe I just get lucky because mine's clerks have known me personally for a while ever since an old college classmate was one of them, but...
Yes, I have, but unnondelivered mail does not go to my "local" post office. Mail not delivered goes to the Pasco Post Office, across the river. You will never find a more wretched monument to bureaucracy than the PPO. No one at the counters, no one answers the phone, no one that "works" there really wants to be there...

UPS shipped both of my 30-rd AR my orders (both orders were over $100 each) to my front porch without a signature required.

USPS would not leave my pistol mags (also an order of over $100) on my front porch, and require a signature for me to receive them.

I never called anyone...

This leaves me befuddled, bewitched, and bewildered...

Strange since I ordered a few extra G17 magazines from GunMag Warehouse and it was delivered by the USPS. They left them on my front porch and I did not need to sign anything either. I heard the mail truck and we have Ring camera overlooking our driveway and my phone alerted me as well. I did get the tracking number from GunMag Warehouse so I can see the shipment moving along.

Yes, I have, but unnondelivered mail does not go to my "local" post office. Mail not delivered goes to the Pasco Post Office, across the river. You will never find a more wretched monument to bureaucracy than the PPO. No one at the counters, no one answers the phone, no one that "works" there really wants to be there...
We have you beat in benton city for crazy PO stuff. I mail anything from benton city to anyone in benton city and it goes to Spokane, gets processed and sent back to benton city for delivery.

Dan

Welp, as expected, it's Day 2 of the hostage crisis and no one delivered my mags... again...

But get this... My phone chimes this morning with a text at 1123 hrs and a message says that my package (identified by the tracking number) "has been delivered to the individual". Now, I don't recall anyone ringing the doorbell, knocking on the door, or hollering up at the window to tell me to come get my mags. But sure enough, my phone says the package was "delivered to the individual", and I'm thinkin' that "individual" is supposed to be me.

So I go to the front door right after the text came in, look outside, and no package... I open the door, step out onto my porch for a better look, and no package... I step down the few steps of my front porch to get to the driveway level, thinking that maybe she left it at the top of the driveway (despite the very clear delivery instructions to leave it on the front porch), and again, no package...

Just as I figured would happen, my package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday would not be delivered today, either. But I'm gonna take a wild gamble and head down the street to the mailbox stand after I finish my workday and see if maybe - just maybe - she delivered it there. Y'all wish me luck...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top