JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like I may have had my links bass ackwards. And yes, I am a WA resident, but I care what happens in other states as they all eventually impact each other.

I was going by the info on this link:

Multnomah County commissioners to vote Thursday on proposed gun-control ordinance following public hearing | OregonLive.com

Which states:

The proposed ordinance would:

• Make it unlawful to fire a gun within the county.

• Make failing to report the theft of a gun a crime.

• Make it illegal to allow a child to possess a gun without the owner's permission.

• Ban possession of a loaded firearm in public.

I'm happy you care about what's happening here. I keep an eye on WA for the same reason.

The article also has this which is consistent with the text of the ordinance.

It provides a number of exemptions, as required by state law. Hunters and people with licenses to carry concealed weapons, for instance, would not be affected by the ordinance. Certain government employees, security guards and people target shooting at established ranges would also be exempt.

I'm happy you care about what's happening here. I keep an eye on WA for the same reason.

The article also has this which is consistent with the text of the ordinance.

"It provides a number of exemptions, as required by state law. Hunters and people with licenses to carry concealed weapons, for instance, would not be affected by the ordinance. Certain government employees, security guards and people target shooting at established ranges would also be exempt."

Yep, the people who choose to ask for permission gets the exemptions while other people that choose to exercise their Constitutional 2nd Amendment Right and not ask for a CHL gets thrown under the bus.

I guess some law makers just think that us non-CHL holders are the bad guys. We are not the bad guys!!!!

It seems to me that what's even more importantly than writing to your legislators is to convince other people {friends and neighbors} to write those legislators as well.

Still no response from Senator Baertschiger, but I did get an encouraging reply from my State Representative regarding what the Senate was doing.

I appreciate hearing your concerns about these new attempts to impose more restrictions on law abiding Oregon gun owners which may not do anything to enhance public safety.

Instead, the bills being discussed in the Oregon Senate might be counterproductive by compromising the ability of responsible adults to defend themselves and others in a dangerous situation. Outlaws and the seriously mentally ill kill people, not people exercising their 2nd Amendment rights to possess a firearm.

The proposed Senate Bills, 347, 699, 700, and 796, were approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee this week and most are now headed for the Senate Floor for a vote. I am hoping enough citizens like you reach out to members of Senate and share their views.

Here is a website to find contact information about all the State Senators:
Oregon State Legislature - Oregon State Senate

Thank you for advocating for common sense and protecting the rights of Oregonians.

Dennis Richardson

State Representative
Oregon House District 4
900 Court Street NE H-373
Salem, Oregon 97301

With all of this BS, the underlying current is that all gun owners are lumped into the same category as gang bangers and hardened criminals. As such, there is a presumption of guilt and the antis want us to prove our innocence. They've taken a potential ally and turned us into their adversaries. In the word of their fearless leader, they've acted stupidly.

Is that with Sen Roblans support or without it?
Sounds like he is the one who we need to pressure !
I wrote him last night specifically to address his lack of support for Conservative gun owners and voting against our 2nd amendment rights. I was not happy to see him do what he did, but very pleased to see Betsy understanding our plight here.
The Senate makeup is 16 Democrats and 14 Republicans so one Democrat voting with all the Republicans would make it 15-15 effectively creating an impasse. If 2 Democrats and all the Republicans vote against it, it would be a 16-14 majority.

"It provides a number of exemptions, as required by state law. Hunters and people with licenses to carry concealed weapons, for instance, would not be affected by the ordinance. Certain government employees, security guards and people target shooting at established ranges would also be exempt."

Yep, the people who choose to ask for permission gets the exemptions while other people that choose to exercise their Constitutional 2nd Amendment Right and not ask for a CHL gets thrown under the bus.

I guess some law makers just think that us non-CHL holders are the bad guys. We are not the bad guys!!!!

I still have to wait 19 weeks for my appointment with our rural Sheriffs office before I can get my "Good Guy" card. I find in highly ironic that Multhnomah County is banning open carry, because that is the only county where the crime rate makes me feel the need to carry 24/7! I guess they won't get my tourism dollars this summer.

It appears that an amendment for SB347 has been adopted to change restricting CHL holders from an opt out to an opt in and CHL holders are otherwise exempt.

Previously the bill was written to restrict firearms in K-12 unless the schools opted out. Now--at least in the case of CHL holders--the school can only opt in to a requirement that CHL holders must store their firearms in steel containers on campus with some exceptions for students' parents, etc.

It appears that an amendment for SB347 has been adopted to change restricting CHL holders from an opt out to an opt in and CHL holders are otherwise exempt.

Previously the bill was written to restrict firearms in K-12 unless the schools opted out. Now--at least in the case of CHL holders--the school can only opt in to a requirement that CHL holders must store their firearms in steel containers on campus with some exceptions for students' parents, etc.

That is correct. The default is that guns are allowed, school districts can choose to restrict under this bill.

Making small steps? The wording can always change by the time it gets through the process. This much does encourage me to continue pushing as the CHL and opt in angles are what I've been stressing. This will push the guilt of allowing children to be victims to the parents, allowing them to make their own decisions about the safety of their children.

Making small steps? The wording can always change by the time it gets through the process. This much does encourage me to continue pushing as the CHL and opt in angles are what I've been stressing. This will push the guilt of allowing children to be victims to the parents, allowing them to make their own decisions about the safety of their children.

The whole thing, all 4 bills, start-to-finish, are small steps chipping away at the rights we now hold. Be sure to call your Senator!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top