JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure since they will be pulling in a lot of money charging $10 per pop hopefully they would add some workers.

That would then make it a PERS issue. As far as I know, the fees go into the general fund. If you want to hire more employees, they will be competing against teachers and administrators for jobs. Politically, it would be hard for those in Portland to lay off teachers so that they could hire more peoplke to support gun laws. Or any law enforcement for that matter.

Take a closer look at the ammendment to SB699. The way I read it, if you lived in the same condo or apartment complex as an elected official, you would be a felon if anyone saw your gun. And if any legislator was having a town hall meeting - anywhere, the law would apply there too.

Are these elected officials or royalty?

Thanks to one of the guys in this conversation, I did a bit of homework and knocked out an Examiner column to tell the whole world about this situation. I don't think a lot of people realize the tight you guys are facing.

FYI, in Illinois, they were debating CCW this morning, and if you ever want to try wrapping your head around anti-gun philosophy, try figuring out those loons.

I would say give this guy 'Modeler' an appropriate round of applause for getting the word out.

One more gun control battlefield: Oregon

South of the Columbia River, Oregon lawmakers gathered in Salem passed four gun control measures out of the State Senate Judiciary Committee Thursday morning – one day after the U.S. Senate derailed similar legislation on Capitol Hill – and a source tells Examiner that a vote could come up pretty soon.

<broken link removed>

You guys make good copy.
Good luck!

Take a closer look at the ammendment to SB699. The way I read it, if you lived in the same condo or apartment complex as an elected official, you would be a felon if anyone saw your gun. And if any legislator was having a town hall meeting - anywhere, the law would apply there too.

Are these elected officials or royalty?

Some of then *think* they are royalty, evidently. They drink the same bottled water in Seattle...

I guess what really irks me is that none of the current SB's would actually have prevented any of the recent shootings... Its been law abiding citizens that have purchased the guns. Why is it an attitude of " lets do something" to make them citizens happy. And what is the punishment side of any of those bills??? Are we going to finally start prosecuting the criminals??? Prosecuting
the felons who try to purchase a gun and get denied via back ground check? NOT I did get a few emails out... lets hope for the best.

I wrote my Senator (Boquist), who I think will vote against these bills.

I wrote Senator Roblan to appeal to his better nature to oppose these bills on the Senate floor.

I wrote Senator Johnson to ask her to continue her support for our rights.

Hopefully it works!

From Oregon Firearms Federation:

ANTI-GUN BILLS MOVE OUT OF COMMITTEE - Oregon Firearms Federation

ANTI-GUN BILLS MOVE OUT OF COMMITTEE

Four anti-rights bills moved out of the Senate Judiciary Committee today.

Senator Arnie Roblan who had told us he saw little need for three of these bills voted for all four. Roblan was the swing vote and he caved to the pressure of the Senate Democrats and agreed to attack your liberties.

The bills that passed, with 3 Democrats voting yes and both Republicans (Jeff Kruse and Betsy Close ) voting no, were SB 347, 699,700 and 796.

SB 347 as amended will make you a criminal if you are a CHL holder and you take your daughter to a soccer game at a school.

SB 699 as amended would make you a criminal if a firearm you were carrying in a "public building" could be seen. As bad as that is, what's worse is that this bill redefines what a "public building" is. While currently that term is pretty limited, this bill would expand it to "any other building owned or occupied by a public body as defined in ORS 174.109&#8243;. As NRA lobbyist Roger Beyer pointed out, in some small towns this could be a private home! For example, a small water district might have its office in the private residence of a member of that board. If you pulled into his driveway with a rifle in your pickup, you would become a felon! Apparently Arnie Roblan was informed of this and voted for it anyway.

SB 700 as amended will make it illegal to give a gun to your nephew or your best friend without permission from the failed State Police ID Unit . It will require that you acquire and use state issued forms and keep records of your transfer for 5 years. It allows the State Police to delay a transfer... forever.
It provides no relief if the delay is unwarranted.

SB 796 as amended will make it illegal for you to to use 21st century technology to get firearms instruction for a CHL.

This bills now all move to the full Senate for a vote. They can still be defeated if all Senate Republicans vote no and one Senate Democrat votes no.

Since it is now clear that Roblan is going to roll over and vote for these attacks, that means the only Senate Democrat who could vote no is Betsy Johnson.

She has repeatedly written that she will vote no and her staff assured us today she is solidly against all four bills. But it never hurts to encourage her.

If your Senator is a Republican or is Betsy Johnson, a short note of opposition to these bills is in order.

You can use this link to send an email to your Senator even if you do not know who he is. Be sure to only check the "State Senate" box.

In case someone missed it.
Everyone - that means you - who can and is concerned should call, that means by phone, according to their district (or not,) to voice their - your - concerns.

Here's a list of all the Senators and their contact info:

Oregon State Legislature - Oregon State Senate

If you're not sure who your Senator is you can use this link to find them:

<broken link removed>

A vote on the Senate floor has not yet been scheduled, we have from a few days to a week or two before the full vote.

<broken link removed>

Anti-Constitutional bills.

Please oppose Senate Bills 347, 699, 700 and 796. These bills are nothing more than an attack on the rights of Oregon's most law abiding citizens. If you really want to address the problem of violence with guns, take action against those who commit crimes, not those who do no wrong.

Dear Father of four,
Your message was sent to the following Senator(s) and/or Representative(s):

Sen. Herman Baertschiger
Sen. Alan Bates
Sen. Lee Beyer
Sen. Brian Boquist
Sen. Ginny Burdick
Sen. Betsy Close
Sen. Peter Courtney
Sen. Richard Devlin
Sen. Jackie Dingfelder
Sen. Chris Edwards