JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been a long wait, but I just got the Alien I ordered in February of last year:
IMG_1605.jpg

I'll give a range report once I shoot it.

Wasn't there a movie called "Aliens in the Outhouse" or something like that?

Kidding, sweet looking combo there!:s0155:

I had no clue what that is/was, so I looked it up.

Shouldn't that have been called the Alien $5000? :eek:

Whatever, that ought to be a sweetheart!

Got to shoot the Alien on Saturday.

I posted Larry's video below because he does a good job of reviewing in this case.

I am a Mechanical engineer, and I do Design and R&D and I suspect that a lot of very expensive milling machines ran slowly on the highests tolerance setting. Slide fit doesn't matter because it is a fixed barrel and sight, but it was good. The sight rail clamps down ultra tight with some interference tolerances to the barrel, and the barrel is screwed in making the frame barrel and sights work as a 1 piece system. I suspect incredible mechanical accuracy.

It's an interesting change from the skilled smith fitting by hand, they spent the money on machine time to make it perfect. Checkering is laser sharp but small enough not to rip up your hand. What ever grip you get on it will hold and feel good.

Trigger: It is very good, but even though it is hammer fired is has pre-travel like a striker fire (but way better than a striker fire). I like 1911 style better, but still very usable single stage.

Recoil: It's not in a different world, it is still a 9mm. Fired along side a Hudson H9 very similar recoil. I think if you had very little experience with guns, you wouldn't notice much of a difference. However if you want to carve fractions of a second off split times, the low recoil and fixed top rail means you never loose the dot from the window when firing, so you can go fast. I still lost the irons though, maybe if you were better at recoil managment, you might be able to.

To sum it up it is different, and it will take some time to become really fast on it, but it has the potential to be the fastest non compensated 9mm you own.

Well, someone has more than "working man" money, don't they. I'd forgotten about both those pistols until this post :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top