JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't care how the firing pin works on a gun, I care about how the trigger feels, and so far I have yet to shoot a striker fired pistol where the trigger doesn't suck, but then I have shot only Glocks, Kahrs, Walthers and FN striker fired pistols. I much prefer my P series DA/SA hammer fired pistols. I also like the first DA shot, then SA and the capability to restrike the primer; I read somewhere that 80+% of failure to fire are resolved by a second strike on the firing pin - pulling the trigger again is much faster than racking the slide.

That aside, my bet is that the reciprocating mass is much less as the slide looks smaller and lighter, and the barrel is fixed. So possibly lighter recoil, not to mention the low barrel axis.

I would want to shoot one first. I don't like the little lever on striker fired pistols; I file them down on my Glocks such that they don't stick out when I press on them fully.

Really an interesting concept. My wife would like the ease of pulling the slide back, but the trigger safety turns me off. I'd rather no safety, than a trigger that looks like it might break if you squeezed it too hard.:cool:

Hopefully the slide stop is beefy enough to stop the slide, in the event the "slow down slide" gas piston, failed.
Wouldn't want to end up a dead rhinoceros with it sticking out of my forehead.
I like the innovation, especially the fixed sight platform. May be a dirt and lint catcher in combat use though.

Get one quick and put it in your safe. In a market that is absolutely glutted with poly 9s, no amount of design brilliance will assure success against the established, less costly brands. Instant collectible.

Let me tell you about the Gen 1 Sub 2000 I paid way too much money for. :rolleyes:
However, Kel-Tec has a wide range and growing. It appears that they are well capitalized. Such boutique builders as LAUGO (ALIEN) will almost inevitably join the ranks of the others, from Detonics to Randall to Vega to Boberg/Bond* - all of them either unique or ingenious...

...and mostly ignored by buyers.

*Bond may yet make a go of it, since they are established, but it's an uphill battle.

Last Edited:
Having worked for Dornaus & Dixon, I have experience in observing how incompetent management can keep a good product from succeeding. I really like the concept - hope it makes it. The people who bought Bren 10s now have a collectors' piece.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top