JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very cool! I would hope it improves on the HK P7 delayed blowback design.
I really appreciate that it's a fixed barrel, very low bore axis pistol.
Want one!
Seems the gun may be sensitive to gunk (i.e. no dirt while firing) or the slide may not return to battery.
Exclusive: Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms | RECOIL

Alien-internal.jpg

Very cool! I would hope it improves on the HK P7 delayed blowback design.
I really appreciate that it's a fixed barrel, very low bore axis pistol.
Want one!
Seems the gun may be sensitive to gunk (i.e. no dirt while firing) or the slide may not return to battery.
Exclusive: Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms | RECOIL

View attachment 505552
The video from OP said it was hammer fired and it looked like a hammer when they showed it, but the article in the link says it's striker fired.
Alien's patented hammerless trigger system features an inverted hybrid striker that is attached to the replaceable upper rail. Housing the of the hybrid striker also allows for the low bore axis fit.
Isn't a striker essentially just a spring loaded firing pin? Because what I saw on the "upper" on this gun looked like a hammer to me. It had substantial mass and there was no firing mounted on it - I assume it's in the slide behind the bolt face.

As with any newly introduced product, it is probably a good idea to wait until it has been out for a year or so unless you wish to pay for the chance to do their beta testing in the field. No matter what it is, the first ones will have some teething issues that come to the fore in actual use. e.g. Steyr S9 - Great pistol with a few minor issues that were corrected in early production.
This looks so intuitive upon seeing it that I wonder why it took so long.

Neat design . But if you have a kaboom it's close to your finger. It has a low bore axis and that seems important these days. Slide moves lIke the buckmark , captured top and bottom. When are they going to make it in .45. lol

If they put quality into manufacturing I think it'll be a success. I especially like the fixed barrel. Just a WAG here, thinking the price point at around 700 to 800 bucks initially.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top