JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I am a UK national living in Washington state for a couple years now with a legal Visa. I'm looking at talking up target shooting and possibly hunting.

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in applying for a Alien firearms license or knows anything about it: http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faalien.html

Now one of the requirements is "documentation showing you are a member of a sport-shooting club". I've joined the West Coast Armory Range (http://www.westcoastarmory.net/) and wondering if that would be considered part of the membership requirements for the license?

helped a work colleague apply for one yrs ago so it's a little fuzzy at this point.
but my recollection is that it was pretty cut-n-dried. you do need to get some
certified documentation showing that you're a foreigner in good standing, so
this will most likely come from the consular corp or embassy. natch, this would
also presume that nothing disqualifying would result such as wants/warrants,
etc that might be revealed through background check, as well as info from the
embassy.

Hey Ravage,

Should be no problemo if you have all the listed documents. If you are a member of any shooting range organisation, most issue some sort of member ID/access card with your photo on it, and that should do.... plus of course pay those EXPENSIVE registration fees. :(

My wife is an Aussie, but she's a permanent resident alien and doesn't have to "muck about" with this particular hoop to jump through.... best of luck!

cheers, Mate! :s0155:

Welcome Ravage. It sounds like you have all the requirements understood. You can also check the page for the county sheriff (King County is at http://www.kingcounty.gov/safety/sheriff/Services/AlienFirearmsLicense.aspx)

To give you some background - basically from 2006 until 2009 you couldn't get a WA AFL. The state blamed a conflict with the FBI background check process, but I think it was also post-Sept 11 paranoia. They changed the law in 2009 after the SAF and a group of WA permanent residents sued for their rights.

Unfortunately that doesn't help you if you don't have your green card, but just a heads up that the background check might take a while. I've read elsewhere that people were getting them in about two weeks in 2009.

No license is necessary to carry any or these Alien weapons.

400px-CovenantWeaponChart.gif

It's discrimination really. You don't need any license to carry one of these alien weapons...

Staffweapon.jpg

But the powers that be won't allow you to have one of these Earth weapons!

600px-SG1P90.jpg

To give you some background - basically from 2006 until 2009 you couldn't get a WA AFL. The state blamed a conflict with the FBI background check process, but I think it was also post-Sept 11 paranoia. They changed the law in 2009 after the SAF and a group of WA permanent residents sued for their rights.

Yeah, when I moved over here a couple years ago that's what I thought, but I just found out about the update to the law last week. From what I understand without a greencard I can't have a concealed license, but that doesn't bother me, I am wanting a weapon for sport, not for defense. I'll always be carrying it unloaded until I am in the range.

I'll apply later this week. Hopefully all will go well. I did read it could take up to 60 days. :s0129:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top