JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
On my Macbook Pro running Safari, when I have a list of new alerts they show up in a yellow background and marked "Unread". When I click on any one of them to read it they all go to a white background and are marked "Read".

On my Macbook Pro running Safari, when I have a list of new alerts they show up in a yellow background and marked "Unread". When I click on any one of them to read it they all go to a white background and are marked "Read".

I am running OSX 10.12.6, using Chrome Version 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (x86_64) on a MBA 2011.

What you describe is what I would expect for correct behavior, but I am not seeing it except rarely. Instead, most of the time I usually see some of the items remain unread.

I'm confident this is an issue on our end, and I'm pretty sure the same across all devices/browsers.

I'm going to turn off our Alert enhancements and see what happens.

Did we have an enhancement today?? The alert notification has changed from "mark read" to a circle and after clicking each one it states "marked as read", but jumping back out of the browser and going back in to the site and the alerts-they are still there, not cleared out as before.
Using an iPhone XR and DuckDuckGo as the browser.

I have not rebooted or logged out/in, but the number next to the alert icon is cleared after I leave the pull down menu. If I reopen the menu some of the items are still highlighted in yellow though. IMO that is an improvement.

Currently the red number disappears as soon as you hover over the pull-down menu. Unread Alerts are no longer moved to the top of the list, but left in their original position. Unread Alerts are still left as yellow and once they are read they turn white. I have only received New Post, New Thread and Reaction Alerts so far, none of the Review or Feedback Alerts.

ETA: Just received a Review Alert and it won't go away without clicking Mark Read at the bottom. No Mark Read button next to individual Alerts anymore.

Last Edited:
Did we have an enhancement today?? The alert notification has changed from "mark read" to a circle and after clicking each one it states "marked as read", but jumping back out of the browser and going back in to the site and the alerts-they are still there, not cleared out as before.
Using an iPhone XR and DuckDuckGo as the browser.

This change is due to this.

I'm going to turn off our Alert enhancements and see what happens.

With the enhancements disabled, it removes the option to control how and when the alerts are marked as read.

As of this morning, I've turned the enhancements back on. The original issue is not fixed, but turning the enhancements off created it's own set of problems.

Still working on this guys, thanks for your patience :confused:

The Alerts seem to be back the way they were, at least for Reactions, Replies and New Threads. Haven't received any other types yet. The unread ones are staying at the top of the list and the red number decreases appropriately as you view the Alerts.

I'm still seeing this with review posts. I have to deliberately hit "mark read" for it go away, unlike regular alerts. No biggie; just thought I'd report it. Device = Windows 10 workstation, Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same. Have to mark them read to clear them out. Reviews and even some random posts don't clear automatically. Kind of a pain as I use the alerts every day.

I'm still seeing this with review posts. I have to deliberately hit "mark read" for it go away, unlike regular alerts. No biggie; just thought I'd report it. Device = Windows 10 workstation, Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I'm not seeing it any longer as alerts, but do see it pop up along side the right side "recent posts" list still! no biggy, but I don't see it relevant to the new posts, or the hot lists!

Persisting still.

Example:

I have a "3" notification icon with the bell animating... when I hover or click on the alerts, there are 10's of 10's still there, even after I mark all as read.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top