JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
I'm seeing something a little different, the alerts are fine, EXCEPT when some one posts a review, even after clicking it, it still pops up as a new alert, and I have to click "mark it as read" for it to go away! Had 9 reviews today, and every single one I had to manually click to get them to go away or they would keep showing as alerts! WEIRD! :confused:

I'm seeing something a little different, the alerts are fine, EXCEPT when some one posts a review, even after clicking it, it still pops up as a new alert, and I have to click "mark it as read" for it to go away! Had 9 reviews today, and every single one I had to manually click to get them to go away or they would keep showing as alerts! WEIRD! :confused:

Wow that is weird. Are you by chance "watching" a Resource category? Or a bunch of Resources? If so, it'll send you an alert every time someone asks a question or writes a review.

@Ura-Ki is seeing what I've been seeing for months. I just got an Alert that my Gold Supporter is about to expire. Clicked on it to read it and the red #1 is still there, Clicked it again and still there. Have to click "Mark Read" to make it go away. Same with Review and Feedback Alerts. Post Alerts and Reaction Alerts go away automatically when viewed.
@The Heretic if you have multiple Alerts for the same thread, i.e. a Like for one of your posts and a New Post and maybe a Quoted Your Post, when you view the thread all of the Alerts for that thread go away. That might be why you are seeing the number reduce by more than one sometimes.

@The Heretic if you have multiple Alerts for the same thread, i.e. a Like for one of your posts and a New Post and maybe a Quoted Your Post, when you view the thread all of the Alerts for that thread go away. That might be why you are seeing the number reduce by more than one sometimes.

The number is reduced when I open the menu, not when I click on any of them. The way I am setup with my preferences, the number should go to zero when I click on any of them or I close the menu.

I think the number might be being reduced because it summarizes some of the alerts, but if that is the case, then the numbers don't add up. The numbers being reduced is minor compared to the fact that I have to mark them all as read, instead of it happening automatically.

I'm seeing the same thing with respect to reviews versus other types of alerts. The former has to be cleared manually, while the other automatically does so. At least for me now.

Just got an Alert for a review of Lucky Sporting Goods. Read the review but the Alert red number is still there and the bell is still a-ringing. Had to click Mark Read to get the number to disappear and the bell to stop.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top