JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stunner: WA Loses 11K Carry Licenses in Past 4 Months

In a remarkable reversal of a trend in progress for more than four years, the number of active concealed pistol licenses in Washington State has dropped by 11,000 over the past four months, a fact that might be alarming to gun rights groups, but may also suggest a return of lethargy in the firearms community.

Stunner: WA Loses 11K Carry Licenses in Past 4 Months - Liberty Park Press
....or 11,000 smart people moved to Idaho.

Not hard to figure out....
....Why would they renew when all their guns were lost in a boating accident? :( They'll buy some more guns, after they've saved-up to buy a new boat.

As has been said, I vote for people leaving the state. Concealed carry people would be the most likely to want to find a friendlier state. WA has become pretty hostile to gun owners in the last few years.

When mine came up for renewal last year (Clark County) I did not receive any notification. If I didn't have it in my Outlook calendar I probably would have missed my renewal date.

I did not get a renewal notice either but I took my CPL multiple times over the years and saw when it was expiring so I renewed it a couple of weeks before it expired.

I disagree. The money is negligible. And I think that taking a handgun safety course (required for OR CHL) is a good thing. Just saying all people should be allowed to carry no matter what leaves it open to people who have no business carrying a gun. National Reciprocity, without national registration is a completely different story though. ;)

Try getting a CCW in CA, where, between the class and permit and renewed you are out hundreds of dollars each year. Restrictions put in place, even "common sense" ones, will always eventually be abused by the antis.

Why is it dropping? I have no idea. My guesses would include the fact that gun owners have backed off of purchases and panic in general since Trump was elected and that could be part of it. With Oregon now staring down the barrel of IP43, it seems to be getting folks woke again.

Could also be that the number of folks that want CPL's has reached it's peak - maybe everyone that wants one, has one now. Unless there is a big influx of new residents that want CPL's, I would have to imagine that at some point you reach a peak where you simply can't sustain increased growth over time.

I just renewed my WA CPL last month, so I'm contributing in my way ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top