JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, aint this some BS

Dear TommyBuilt Tactical T36 Owner:

Greetings. We hope that you are enjoying your TommyBuilt Tactical T36, and want to thank you for your patronage.
With that said, we have received unfortunate news that the receiver of the T36 will now be classified by ATF as a machinegun receiver. ATF has recently determined that the blocks and restrictions manufactured into our semi-automatic receiver (which are a replica of the SL8 prevention method) are not sufficient and now require an auto sear block on this platform. We disagree with this position but do not make the regulatory decisions.

To this end, we at TommyBuilt Tactical are eager to work with our T36 owners and with the ATF to comply with the newly mandated requirements for this platform. Our counsel and team have met with our regulator to make attempts to resolve this issue. TommyBuilt Tactical has made and had approved by the ATF an upgraded semi-automatic receiver including more restrictive blocks, the newly required auto sear block and other various upgrades.

So we are clear, there is no current intent by ATF to criminally charge any TommyBuilt Tactical T36 owner for the possession of contraband, or to prosecute TommyBuilt Tactical for any wrongdoing. To this end, my team and I have been authorized by ATF to replace the existing T36 receivers with an upgraded "TG36" receiver. There will be a minimal cost to you of $225 to upgrade to the new TG36. It is critical that you send your receiver to me for an upgrade. The ATF has made it clear that if your T36 is not returned for upgrade to the TG36, it will be considered contraband and subject to seizure.

Once seized you will lose your entire T36 assembly. The resolution that we are offering will allow you to keep ALL of your components in an upgraded state at a minimal cost.
We are a small business and already overwhelmed. This unexpected determination is a substantial financial hardship for us all. Please refer to our website (www.tommybuilttactical.com) for more details on this situation and instructions on exactly how to send in your receiver for replacement.

Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your support,

TommyBuilt Tactical LLC

The HK SL8 also uses these same blocking methods so the HK SL8 reclassification may be on the horizon as well.

Remember, this is coming from the organization that feeds guns to criminals and makes illegal machine gun receivers to deny already approved items then denies even testing the prior submission but admits they approved it anyways.

Wow, what a bunch of B.S. I just sold my T36 and have already sent this to the guy who bought it. Tommy's CS is excellent so I have no doubt he will make things right, but the undue burden on him really sucks.

The ATF can DIACF.

Might be some more info on this. TommyBuilt moved to a new location from one state to another. In talking with him a few months back asking about ordering a G36 he shared they had everything in stock ready to ship. BUT because of the move to a new state the ATF was requiring the G36 lower be re-approved before they start selling them again. This could very possibly be the outcome of the ATF "re-approval" of the existing design. :oops:. New administration new views. Not cool either way.

Wow, what a bunch of B.S. I just sold my T36 and have already sent this to the guy who bought it. Tommy's CS is excellent so I have no doubt he will make things right, but the undue burden on him really sucks.

The ATF can DIACF.
Ask your buyer if he wants to sell it to me for a profit! LOL I want one so bad

Remember, this is coming from the organization that feeds guns to criminals and makes illegal machine gun receivers to deny already approved items then denies even testing the prior submission but admits they approved it anyways.
I'm interested in an elaboration on the making illegal MG receivers!! That sounds shady. This is the first I've heard of that

I'm interested in an elaboration on the making illegal MG receivers!! That sounds shady. This is the first I've heard of that
A guy in the Mac10/Mac11 world has been waiting on a submission for 2+ years and finally got it back a few weeks ago, denied.

He submitted a 3D printed version that allows the use of an AR upper on the Mac10 which was quickly approved. Said he submitted as 3D printed to confirm the mechanism was OK. He had 5+k rounds on his prototype and made a fresh one for the ATF. Sent that in. It came back covered in powder residue.

With that approved he made one in aluminum and due to the material change it had to be resubmitted. Fast forward a couple years or so that one was denied. ATF used some channel, bunch of zipties, a vice and a few other things to get the adapter to fire an AR upper without a Mac lower. They made a receiver with the channel and held it all together with zip ties and a bench top vice then called the adapter, that does nothing without a Mac lower AND and AR upper, a machine gun.

When asked why the printed one was not a machine gun but the metal one was they said they never fired it despite it being new, unfired, when it was sent in and covered in gunpowder residue when it came back approved.

The item in question is the Tenko Adapter for the Mac10 by A&S. He has a 6+ page thread on this BS over on UziTalk.

Due to this we are all worried that the Lage 223 upper for the M10 and the Ultimac will also be denied on similar BS.

A guy in the Mac10/Mac11 world has been waiting on a submission for 2+ years and finally got it back a few weeks ago, denied.

He submitted a 3D printed version that allows the use of an AR upper on the Mac10 which was quickly approved. Said he submitted as 3D printed to confirm the mechanism was OK. He had 5+k rounds on his prototype and made a fresh one for the ATF. Sent that in. It came back covered in powder residue.

With that approved he made one in aluminum and due to the material change it had to be resubmitted. Fast forward a couple years or so that one was denied. ATF used some channel, bunch of zipties, a vice and a few other things to get the adapter to fire an AR upper without a Mac lower. They made a receiver with the channel and held it all together with zip ties and a bench top vice then called the adapter, that does nothing without a Mac lower AND and AR upper, a machine gun.

When asked why the printed one was not a machine gun but the metal one was they said they never fired it despite it being new, unfired, when it was sent in and covered in gunpowder residue when it came back approved.

The item in question is the Tenko Adapter for the Mac10 by A&S. He has a 6+ page thread on this BS over on UziTalk.

Due to this we are all worried that the Lage 223 upper for the M10 and the Ultimac will also be denied on similar BS.

Wow. Thanks for giving that info. Crazy crazy stuff.

Wow. Thanks for giving that info. Crazy crazy stuff.
As much as I am eyeball deep in NFA items I absolutely despise the ATF because they do things like this and that's not even considering the other things they do like Ruby Ridge and Fast and Furious.

They are so far outside their own reach it is honestly impressive.

It is just a kit fake-ferrari.jpg

$225 extra. I know TB is just covering their end otherwise they'd be out BIG money.
but still, how insane is that.. a legally made product just randomly deemed a machine gun. What BS.

I own a few HK clones. Theyre good guns. PTR's. If I felt like it I could easily pick up a G3 trigger group for about $60 , cut a notch in the trigger pack box and put it in either of my PTR's . No mods to the receiver or the bolt or any of that. Just a trigger pack that takes 30 seconds to modify and it would be full auto timed fire.. I am at a loss how that is any different than the G36 guns.

DdjgxF.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top