JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As for the morality part it has been my observation that people who had the most repressed upbringing, that see nudity as evil, etc, almost always turn out to be perverts and weirdos much more than people who had parents that said nudity is no big deal. Child molesters and rapists, almost without exception, were raised under strict moral code or belief and then lash out later in life. Just sayin'.

Burt, you must spend a lot of time 'observing' perverts and weirdos, which according to you, include child molesters and rapists.

As far as people who had parents that said nudity is no big deal, I had a mom who did things around us kids that no mom should ever do, and I, oddly enough, believe it is morally wrong to walk around town with your dick hanging out. I guess this is a point upon which you and I apparently part company....lol

Portland Hard at work

"It is unlawful for any person to expose his or her genitalia while in a public place or place visible from a public place, if the public place is open or available to persons of the opposite sex.
The Portland Police Bureau recommends that at a bare minimum, all riders at least wear a helmet and shoes to avoid any potential injuries. Bike lights are also recommended". End quote.

"Bare minimum" =Understatement of the week, What's that supposed to be, some kind of CRACK the riders "bare" for all of us to endure. Arrest them all, house them all in gender neutral detention,,, open air latrines and racks see how they BARE up to it then. I wonder how long it would take them to call foul,, protesters my arse. Flipping freakshow is what it is. Yep, that's my opinion only, and I'm sticking to it like a bare butt to a bicycle seat.

I am going to put this into perspective based on an experience of my own. A couple years ago I got a $50.00 ticket for riding my quad down a dirt road near my house (fully clothed) which happens to be a 'State Hwy' (44) and horizontally marked which is technically illegal to ride/drive a non - hwy legal device on and I have to hear the Portland PD overlook something not only illegal but morally reprehensible as well? This is hardly comparatively correct. The Police Chief of Portland should be fired for his blatant lack of regard for the law. There is NO excuse for this. And for the record I have no problem with nudity at all in the correct location and circumstances. Heck I have been to many hot springs as well as appropriate beaches in several parts of the world au natural but to allow a display as this which is NOT what I would consider an appropriate location or legal is an insult.

Everything I've heard suggests the city ordinance would be declared invalid if it was ever fought in court.

If I had neighbors that participated, I'd see how they liked some of my free speech expressions.

Ask just about any transsexual and they'll tell you their parents were religious/restrictive or even preachers, etc. Not that I care that someone wants to be a tranny, to each his/her own. But if you want to have a son/daughter who doesn't follow the 'norm' just tell them nudity/sexuality is 'evil' and constantly hammer that message home.

I agree, nudity in the wrong places and venues is just in bad taste.

However, if all the bikers were female and looked like Ariana Lima I'd be down there with $1 bills enjoying the show so it isn't the morality of it that turns me off. If I wanted to see gross cows and meth head looking folks nude I'd go to Sauvies Island.

This isn't a nation that cares about morality at all, very far from it. We slaughter hundreds of thousands of women and children based on lies and then don't even have the conscience to look back and say we're sorry or that we have any regret at all. We are heartless killers, but then act all prissy about something stupid like this; all ridiculous nonsense. Like Ted Bundy being mad at someone for Jay Walking.

What SHOULD they do. These laws allow for this crap.
You think they will allow you to do this by yourself say tonight when there is no protest going on? Good luck with that. Just like would a pro-gun protest be able to get away with the stuff that occupied Portland got away with?

I was listening to Bob Miller on KPAM this morning, and he mentioned something I didn't think about earlier. He, his wife, and grand daughter went to dinner that night in the Pearl area. It was before the bike ride, but a couple of naked riders went past while they were dining and kind of ruined his meal for him. See, they were on their way to the event - so every rider rode naked in from somewhere, rode the planned "protest", then rode home naked as well. So the exposure was much greater than just the ride.

So the LEOs, the D.A, the judges and the justices system that we all are supposed to hold in high esteem chooses which laws, rules and regulations they will enforce?

Something about them doing that is just wrong, I just now it. :s0064:

Lets say a bunch of conservatives wanted to protest naked to demonstrate having your Constitutional rights stripped away. Do you think that protest would be allowed?

It would be similar to the Occupy protest (no permit, BTW) that trashed park areas without consequence to the garbage and defecation that had to be cleaned up and other damage repairs, while the Tea Party protest, that did have a permit, that kept the are clean, that didn't disrupt anybody was not allowed to drop a single symbolic bag of tea in the river for "environmental" reasons.

I wonder if our founding fathers would have condoned naked horse and buggy rides through the capital back in the day?

I heard that Ben Franklin was the wild man of the bunch. If any of them did it after too much drink, it would be him, but as a protest, no. You can't take a naked protest seriously.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top