JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The moral decline of this once great country is sickening. The government officials and the LEOs just sit back and let it happen. Shame on them!!!!!

Hey, it's a free country and everyone's morals are not that of your own.

I'm not opposed to public nudity, at least in an area where people expect it and choose to be there. The issue I have is that you don't go to this event, if you live along its path it comes to you. I would not be offended (I'd probably laugh), but I don't have kids. I fully get why Father of Four and others could be offended. It's funny how we always have to be worried about offending others when a traditional activity (like a nativity scene) is concerned, but never when the activity offends traditional values.

While the bike ride is pretty harmless, it is allowed/tolerated as a protest protected under the first amendment. I'd bet, however, that less than 20% of the riders know this or even what they are protesting (oil, man, you know that stuff that produced the energy and materials used to build my bike, man). While at this point it's pretty harmless, there is strong potential for it to get out of control like it does at similar events in San Francisco (that other Northwest city that Portland tries so hard to be just like). You can check this out in the photo documentaries at zombietime.com. Some of this is pretty graphic, so be warned.

The concept of concealed carry goes right out the window during this event. And for what it's worth, I agree with Father of four. But then we all know what opinions are like. And if you want to know what the "opinions" of those that choose to participate in the ride look like, well that should be easy enough to A$$ertain. I dare any member of this site that lives along the route to set a sprinkler on high to water the grass between sidewalk and street, as dry as it's been I'm sure the grass needs it by it:s0001: This only further enhances my opinion of Portland, freakshow that it is.

BTW it is a free country but I cant do anything I want.

Portland should not be letting nude bike riders ride around without going to jail. To actually giving them a permit? Unbelievable.

Sorry for the rants everyone, I am done. What is the use anyways.

Howard

Hey Kalifornia!!!! thank's for sending us all your freaks!!!!
let me get this straight...it's ok to ride your bike naked around small children because why??? but it's not ok to open carry in the city?

It was bad when I saw it. Was with a couple buddies and not even one "I would" was said in over an hour.

As for the morality part it has been my observation that people who had the most repressed upbringing, that see nudity as evil, etc, almost always turn out to be perverts and weirdos much more than people who had parents that said nudity is no big deal. Child molesters and rapists, almost without exception, were raised under strict moral code or belief and then lash out later in life. Just sayin'.

As for the morality part it has been my observation that people who had the most repressed upbringing, that see nudity as evil, etc, almost always turn out to be perverts and weirdos much more than people who had parents that said nudity is no big deal. Child molesters and rapists, almost without exception, were raised under strict moral code or belief and then lash out later in life. Just sayin'.

:s0155:

This is why I would NEVER purchase a used bike in Portland. The thought of a dirty butt and infected genitals rubbing all over it takes away all desire to touch a bike there. Don't those people know about germs?

It was bad when I saw it. Was with a couple buddies and not even one "I would" was said in over an hour.

I agree. Nudity is not evil. Its not about the naked body. Its about who and where you let someone see yours. Walking, running, skipping, doing cartwheels or riding a bike while nude is not the way to teach morality to a kid by example in my book.

Portland Hard at work

World Naked Bike Ride Tomorrow Night - Portland Police Urge Riders to Wear Helmets and Shoes - 06/07/13
The World Naked Bike Ride is set to roll through the streets of Portland this Saturday, June 8, 2013, at 10:00 p.m., beginning in the South Park Blocks. Event organizers estimated the number of participants last year to be nearly 8,000 people.

The Portland Police Bureau will have extra officers on hand to ensure everyone is safe and to provide assistance at intersections.

Portland City Code 14A.40.030 (Indecent Exposure) states the following:

It is unlawful for any person to expose his or her genitalia while in a public place or place visible from a public place, if the public place is open or available to persons of the opposite sex.

Although many participants may violate Portland City Code, the Police Bureau will be exercising tremendous discretion as long as participants stay on the route with the rest of the riders.

The Portland Police Bureau recommends that at a bare minimum, all riders at least wear a helmet and shoes to avoid any potential injuries. Bike lights are also recommended.

This is a permitted event and traffic will be affected in several areas of Downtown, Kerns, West Buckman, Lloyd, Sullivan's Gulch, and the Laurelhurst neighborhoods.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top