JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HB 3199 in the oregon legislature will outlaw the use of Exploding targets in a very large portion of the state for a majority of the year, as well as tracer ammunition. please write your representatives and ask them to vote no on this very bad piece of legislation. link to the bill is here: <broken link removed>

guys i would not be so serious about this if my job was not riding on the line. I implore you to please write your reps and make sure they defeat this bill!!!!

I believe the action was brought up to prevent forest fires being started in rural mountain areas where people target shoot and are very hard to put out if one started. I can understand that and the fact that free, outdoor shooting areas that people have long used are having enough problems staying open. A forest fire set at one of these would only close that area immediately but also could have a domino effect on other such sites.

Tannerite is located outside of Springfield I believe..

So are we going to start letting this idiotic government legislate businesses OUT of Oregon like Colorado did?

Here's my logic... SHOW me that there is an ongoing issue with exploding targets, tracers and these other sky balloons and I'll bite into this proposal.

Until you can show me more than a one-see, two-see isolated incident, I will not agree with this crap.

This is just another proposal that's attempting to restrict my rights under the guise of "common sense"... I know when it's too dry to blow stuff up at my house, I know when it's too dry to have a outside fire (not part of this proposal, but it's the same idea)...

Here's a proposal... We all get a test for a "common sense" card. If we pass, then we can think on our own. If someone fails, then they must move to (and I mean, pick up all your stuff and move) to New York City. That way the government can think for you.

I believe the action was brought up to prevent forest fires being started in rural mountain areas where people target shoot and are very hard to put out if one started. I can understand that and the fact that free, outdoor shooting areas that people have long used are having enough problems staying open. A forest fire set at one of these would only close that area immediately but also could have a domino effect on other such sites.
Wrong. The original form of tannerite which is still sold, sucks the oxygen out of the air around the target. Making it not only impossible to start a fire but impossible for a flame to become present in the exploding area. The new tannerite does have a flame but this legislation does not differentiate between the two. This is poorly written legislation.

I wonder how many fires have been set by cigarettes compared to exploding targets... Maybe its time we made smoking illegal. It's only common sense to protect our forests AND, as a bonus, you'll also protect people from both 1st and 2nd hand smoke that may result in lung cancer!!! Win, win, right? ;-)

Not to mention, I have seen explosives used to put fires out.

Legislation based upon fear of things they don't understand needs to stop.

Legislation needs to stop, period...they need to worry about interstate trade and roads...not what the people do for fun.

And how many people do I still see years later after all the Smokey the Bear propaganda toss their cigarettes out car windows into grass fields during a hot dry summer. Ban cigarettes, lighters, matches. Heck just ban fire.

"scientific proof". Good! Sounds like a good you-tube video in the making. Ten targets covered in common forest debris. along with a more indepth statement above, would be enough to demonstrate the miss-guided concern?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top