JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This will perhaps make a guilty verdict more palatable to a jury, since 18 months seems fairly minor, and a liberal juror can go home to watch "The View" instead of spending days or weeks arguing with the jurors that have strong moral convictions.

According to Alec Baldwin:

THIS IS MY SAFETY
Hannah.jpg

If you dig back in the original statements, Baldwin said he cocked the hammer and then the gun went off.

Well of course a correctly functioning, single action gun will . . . when you are already holding back the trigger !!!

At this point there is nothing that can be done. Things will happen and Baldwin will get spanked to some extent, and then he will go on with his career. But, anyone with any sense of ethics will from this point on boycott any and all of Baldwins films. This movie, Rust, should die a quiet death at the box offices, and quickly fade into obscurity. The only downside is the jobs of those innocent company employees who were just doing what they were supposed to do. Well, that's Hollywood !!!

If you dig back in the original statements, Baldwin said he cocked the hammer and then the gun went off.

Well of course a correctly functioning, single action gun will . . . when you are already holding back the trigger !!!

At this point there is nothing that can be done. Things will happen and Baldwin will get spanked to some extent, and then he will go on with his career. But, anyone with any sense of ethics will from this point on boycott any and all of Baldwins films. This movie, Rust, should die a quiet death at the box offices, and quickly fade into obscurity. The only downside is the jobs of those innocent company employees who were just doing what they were supposed to do. Well, that's Hollywood !!!
I guarantee you he will try his very best to complete filming the movie. I'm also pretty sure it will flop at the box office.

6 months probation for assistant director who handed him the gun and said "cold gun". This is the guy that was fired from other sets in the past for dangerous gun practices.

In addition to six months unsupervised probation, the terms of the sentence include that Halls pay a $500 fine, perform 24 hours of community service, take a fire safety course within 60 days, testify in all hearings involving the shooting and have no contact with co-defendants or witnesses.
1680289014644.png

I'm NOT saying that he (TRUMP) is guilty or anything.
BUT, But, but......
TRUMP didn't kill anyone.
And so, I'd imagine that......TRUMP will get a stiffer sentence (if, found guilty).

Politics!?!?!?

Aloha, Mark

I haven't kept up at all on the whole thing, but does it even matter? If an actor was told and believed it was a cold gun and he pulled the trigger or not, it wouldn't constitute willfull discharge of a firearm or intent to murder... would it?
Manslaughter, not murder. I think you're right. He rejected the safety education recommended and offered to him specifically for this production. He also lied under oath twice about the sequence of events afterwards during police interviews.

More will come out.. it wasn't the first "accident" during this production, they already had crew members walk off set due to safety concerns. When they were replaced with less qualified bon-union workers, more left because the problem got worse.

What makes me most critical/skeptical is that they can't keep a story straight. The truth is easy to remember. Lots of lies going on here.

Negligence is there, but the Negligence is on
1: whoever brought live ammo onto a movie set
2: whoever said the gun was properly loaded and "safe"
3: whoever hired the above two people.
#3 still Alec; he's the producer. He was requested to do a safety course too by the studio and rejected it citing he had taken them before and has worked with plenty of firearms in his previous roles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top