JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no love for AB, but I still do not understand how in 2021(or 22, 23) a real gun capable of firing a real cartridge could possibly be used on the set of any real movie production. I know the answer (it's easier and cheaper) but no insurance company in their right mind should allow this...for like the last 20+ years.

The real answer #2, "We have always done it this way."

This was a movie. There weren't supposed to be live rounds at the set. Even manslaughter requires proof as to a mental state of knowingly disregarding a known risk beyond a reasonable doubt. This is a very defensible case. I predict a jury will acquit the actor.
I also think that is a real possibility...
In the past, actors were often given a pass in a situation like this where in their world the armorer and the first assistant director are supposed to be the ones who absolutely verify the firearm is nonfunctional prior to being handed to the actor. I think Baldwin talked himself into being charged by some of his foolish public comments and also he faces a Prosecuting Attorney who enjoys publicity...
I am no fan of Baldwin, I think he is an a____le and I believe any person handling a firearm has to take the ultimate responsibility for that gun...
However, I think the vitriol directed at him is more because he is an outspoken anti-gun liberal who claims he did not touch the trigger. If this unfortunate shooting had occurred on the set of John Wick or the Equalizer, I doubt everyone would be clamoring to send Keanu Reeves or Denzel Washington to prison.
It will be interesting to see if the jury thinks every actor and stuntman on a movie set is responsible for the "weapon" in their hand.

As much as I dislike like Baldwin as a person, the more I think about it the less likely I think he will be convicted or have a conviction hold up on appeal. For one, he can afford as good a legal team as you could assemble...
It brings up a lot of interesting legal concerns, personally I would like to hear the thoughts of attorneys who specialize in this area...The fact that it happened on a movie set cloudes the situation.
During the filming of a movie like Saving Private Ryan, can every actor and stuntman be held accountable? What If an actor is given a "fake" hand grenade and told to toss it at the Germans? What if that actor happens to be a female playing a role as a nurse? Is she first supposed to take educational courses on how to differentiate real and fake hand grenades prior to tossing it in the direction of the actors portraying German soldiers?
How about the filming of a Rambo movie with a belt fed machine gun scene. Does the actor firing the machine gun have to personally verify every round about to be fired is a blank?
I don't know, but it seems there is a lot of grey area where a good legal team may prevent a conviction.

1674180040912.png

Everything about this story is sad.

Without googling it, I can only name one picture Baldwin has been in, because like most contemporary entertainers, I just don't care. However, I have seen, largely here, some of the anti-2A drivel he's spewed; the irony of the crew that can't stop using their code word for massive infringement — "gun safety". But regardless of the raging hypocrisy, nothing is going to change.

A young woman lost her life and another will have hers irrevocably changed for the worse, including possible time in the prison system, a destroyed career, and conscious forever dwelling on the event. I have my doubts Baldwin will do actual time, but it is a very serious charge, and I hope the jurors deliver a sound judgement; though I know the odds of that aren't great.

The only silver lining is maybe the industry starts taking this stuff super, duper, deluxe seriously now and it never happens again. It could be a turning point. But I remember similar things being said after Brandon Lee left the living.

Just, sad.

the armore bemaons the fact that she was not properly trained....someone hired as ARMORER should not need to be traind On The Job for cripes sake. He/she is the ARMORER
I agree with you.

I do not know if you are directing this to ME or ONLY to that old news LINK story that I put up. I have put up many news links all over this forum on other people's threads when it comes to this specific news story. Plus this one here.

I believe that AB is GUILTY.

I believe that the idiot armorer is guilty too. AB hired her from what I remember due to her famous Dad and the NAME. She should not have been hired from the gitgo and she sounds like a total IDIOT since I can't say what I really want to say since it will ONLY get deleted.

I think that the third party - the other man is guilty too. He made a 'deal' but I have not read ALL of those details yet.

AB had a lot of ROLES in the film production and not just with his, ahem, ACTING (?!?).

I did see/hear the one TOP NM lady discuss this on an OTA boob tube station briefly yesterday.

I believe that AB did this shooting on PURPOSE due to his ANGER and RAGE ISSUES and what was going on for a couple of weeks, days and ON THE VERY DAY of the shooting too.

There are OLD threads with very good links on what was going on with various people on that SET in other sections of this forum. I put up a whole bunch of them and so did other people.

I am not going to DIG through them but people were concerned about UNSAFE shooting and tons more. They did complain about it too. EMPLOYEES - union and non union folks.

Plus AB said something to the effect of, "How about I shoot you?", to the DEAD LADY when they were close to doing that one scene because it was a retake and due to the lighting.

He DID fire the gun.

He is a LIAR in my opinion. He pulled the trigger. He still denies it from what I gather. Deliberate or not - he shot the lady. He shot the other man but he did not die.

He did hire people. STUPID ONES and totally NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB. Like the dip S___ female. Plus the THIRD MAN involved.

He had complaints about LIVE SHOOTING with other crew members and 'visitors' to the set too. HE KNEW what was going on and he let it ALL GO ON willy nilly.

He is NOT my cup of tea when it comes to HIS EGO, his personality, his everything ELSE about him plus HE WANTS TO PLAY THE VICTIM almost always.

HIS MOUTH and his actions have got him into trouble over the years. And not just because he is a LEFT leaning man. With the LAW.

There are LEFT and RIGHT idiots with BIG FREAKING MOUTHS who do all kinds of bs and are DANGEROUS to themselves, their families, other people in SOCIETY and to their own LINE OF WORK be it acting or in ANY OTHER PROFESSION. They are IN the news. NOT hard to miss them! Males and females in all age groups, etc.

He is ANTI gun - that IS a fact.

So why make a film with GUNS and shooting in them?

Because he is another greedy EGOTIST and HOLLY-WEIRD hypocrite.

HE IS ANOTHER MAN WHO CAN'T ACCEPT WHAT HE DID WAS/IS WRONG and he ALWAYS WANTS TO BLAME EVERYONE ELSE and get PITY with his SOB STORIES and BIG, FAT LIES COMING OUT OF HIS BIG FAT MOUTH and DISGUSTING face!

Take care.

Old Lady Cate

I agree with you.

I do not know if you are directing this to ME or ONLY to that old news LINK story that I put up. I have put up many news links all over this forum on other people's threads when it comes to this specific news story. Plus this one here.

I believe that AB is GUILTY.

I believe that the idiot armorer is guilty too. AB hired her from what I remember due to her famous Dad and the NAME. She should not have been hired from the gitgo and she sounds like a total IDIOT since I can't say what I really want to say since it will ONLY get deleted.

I think that the third party - the other man is guilty too. He made a 'deal' but I have not read ALL of those details yet.

AB had a lot of ROLES in the film production and not just with his, ahem, ACTING (?!?).

I did see/hear the one TOP NM lady discuss this on an OTA boob tube station briefly yesterday.

I believe that AB did this shooting on PURPOSE due to his ANGER and RAGE ISSUES and what was going on for a couple of weeks, days and ON THE VERY DAY of the shooting too.

There are OLD threads with very good links on what was going on with various people on that SET in other sections of this forum. I put up a whole bunch of them and so did other people.

I am not going to DIG through them but people were concerned about UNSAFE shooting and tons more. They did complain about it too. EMPLOYEES - union and non union folks.

Plus AB said something to the effect of, "How about I shoot you?", to the DEAD LADY when they were close to doing that one scene because it was a retake and due to the lighting.

He DID fire the gun.

He is a LIAR in my opinion. He pulled the trigger. He still denies it from what I gather. Deliberate or not - he shot the lady. He shot the other man but he did not die.

He did hire people. STUPID ONES and totally NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB. Like the dip S___ female. Plus the THIRD MAN involved.

He had complaints about LIVE SHOOTING with other crew members and 'visitors' to the set too. HE KNEW what was going on and he let it ALL GO ON willy nilly.

He is NOT my cup of tea when it comes to HIS EGO, his personality, his everything ELSE about him plus HE WANTS TO PLAY THE VICTIM almost always.

HIS MOUTH and his actions have got him into trouble over the years. And not just because he is a LEFT leaning man. With the LAW.

There are LEFT and RIGHT idiots with BIG FREAKING MOUTHS who do all kinds of bs and are DANGEROUS to themselves, their families, other people in SOCIETY and to their own LINE OF WORK be it acting or in ANY OTHER PROFESSION. They are IN the news. NOT hard to miss them! Males and females in all age groups, etc.

He is ANTI gun - that IS a fact.

So why make a film with GUNS and shooting in them?

Because he is another greedy EGOTIST and HOLLY-WEIRD hypocrite.

HE IS ANOTHER MAN WHO CAN'T ACCEPT WHAT HE DID WAS/IS WRONG and he ALWAYS WANTS TO BLAME EVERYONE ELSE and get PITY with his SOB STORIES and BIG, FAT LIES COMING OUT OF HIS BIG FAT MOUTH and DISGUSTING face!

Take care.

Old Lady Cate
PS:

I would say/write the EXACT SAME THING if an 'actor' and a producer/director/etc. did what AB DID even though they leaned RIGHT not left and were totally PRO GUN.

I would say the EXACT same thing when it came to IDIOT females/males who had NO freaking clue how to do a GOOD JOB in their so called PROFESSION whether they had training or NO training.

A lady LOST HER LIFE. That is a SAD story. She left a husband, a kid, family members and friends.

NO amount of MONEY given to a family will REPLACE a LOST WIFE AND MOTHER even though they deserved a settlement.

May the family get some peace and their WOUNDS HEAL even with AB running his bag, fat mouth.

May the lady rest in peace. Amen.

Cate

Sadly, this worthless cuck had been allowed to walk among us for over a year as a free man, meanwhile, Kyle Rittenhouse was forced to rot in jail and then subjected to the abuses of the lefties and a crooked D.A. and Show Lawyer! Kyle is far more a real man then that Phuck Alec could dream, and he will walk with "Time Served"

Any one else, and they would do time, a full sentence, but not this guy, he will cry his crocodile tears, put on his best performance, the media will eat it all up and say what a shame one of holliweirds finest was put through such pain and suffering, and he will never see the inside of a cell!!
And he and his phony wife keep producing kids unless they finally decided to use birth control or get sterilized.

OMG - more AB genes running around the nation and world.

Gag!

Cate

In those other threads and posts ALL OVER this forum - some may have been MOVED too - there were POSTS where MANY OTHER ACTORS spoke about GUN SAFETY ON THE SET and how x, y and z works when it comes to specific shooting scenes.

On top of that, MANY of those famous actors showed and EXPLAINED HOW some shooting scenes are done in today's FILMS. Computers and with other things which I can't EXPLAIN since it is NOT my profession and since I can't remember HOW they explained it all.

But it can be done.

So called DUMMY ROUNDS CAN KILL and not only wound a person. My husband told me that and the same THING that he told me about dummy rounds was what many EXPERTS aka professionals in the FILM INDUSTRY and MEDICAL FIELDS said verbatim.

May the dead lady rest in peace.

Cate

I have no love for AB, but I still do not understand how in 2021(or 22, 23) a real gun capable of firing a real cartridge could possibly be used on the set of any real movie production. I know the answer (it's easier and cheaper) but no insurance company in their right mind should allow this...for like the last 20+ years.

The real answer #2, "We have always done it this way."
How many different single action clone models does Uberti make that could be easily modified to fire blanks only and not even chamber a live round? I think even I could alter a Uberti to only chamber blanks in about an hour. Funny how the anti-gunners aren't all over this!

How many different single action clone models does Uberti make that could be easily modified to fire blanks only and not even chamber a live round? I think even I could alter a Uberti to only chamber blanks in about an hour. Funny how the anti-gunners aren't all over this!
That's fine, but some camera shots are done facing the revolver and require dummy rounds rather than blanks. Neccesitating filing the firing pin as a solution... not hard to do.

Many actors rely on the armorers to verify the gun is cold and don't look themselves. Others do look themselves. Dummy loads are supposed to be identifiable.

So Baldwin may actually be able to pass off some responsibility to other professionals. HOWEVER, HE pulled the trigger... accident: yes, negligent: yes!!!

Also as executive producer he had a large measure of control over the site and allowed many unsafe things to occur. Negligent: yes!!!

GUILTY: yes, but good luck with a NM jury. One can only hope he gets a bunch of anti-gunners; he would deserve it. LOL

But I still think he won't serve any time.

That's fine, but some camera shots are done facing the revolver and require dummy rounds rather than blanks. Neccesitating filing the firing pin as a solution... not hard to do.
To me is seems like someone could drill through the side of the cylinder and insert a pin through the chamber that would keep a full length round from being inserted into the chamber while still letting the gasses pass through the chamber and barrel making it look like a live round was fired from any angle??? It has been quite a few years since I was in high school track but my recollection is the starting guns had short chambers which kept someone from chambering a live round. I remember the starting guns had solid barrels (no holes through the center of the barrel for a bullet to come out of) but the safety feature was the short chamber.

P.S. Baldwin would have been fine if he hadn't been a cocky donkey shooting his mouth off in the police station and then in public statements. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut... which I guess is a too much to ask of any Hollywood personality!

Edit: Or do you mean making a revolver appear to have live rounds in the cylinder when photographed from the front of the gun? Removing the firing pin is a good idea or have a gun with a solid cylinder machined to look like it is full of ammo????

Last Edited:
The dude is a crummy, DNC stooge and an anti gun dolt.. had he just kept his mouth shut or literally explained what happened it would be easy for him to simply state that the job of the "weapons check" is the responsibility of the firearm prop master.. that's it. No more, no less. And this act would set a strict policy standard (because there should be one) on all sets. It would have been shockingly easy to pivot from this mess.

Yet instead he literally claimed he never pointed the gun at anyone and fired.. and that was a lie. He even went as far to claim he is not to blame, but "someone is".. the ego on this dude is insane. He should have owned it but made clear that he is an actor not a weapons expert.

He got so hung up in denying it when in reality he should have just owned it, said it was a tragic accident and placed the blame on the firearm tech on set. It's that persons literal job to ensure the firearm is non firing or loaded with only blank ammunition.

This whole interview and now prosecution just shows how crummy and sleazy he is. He could have handled this with grace and made note that it was simply a tragic set accident and that Hollywood needs to do more when it comes to set safety. Then the blame goes all on the firearm set tech.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top