JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Also note on this Pietta SA, with the firing pin on the hammer, it appears that the firing pin is spring loaded -- you can see it move when the guy touches it. I would expect this is to mitigate misfires if the hammer is fully down on a loaded chamber:

Last two clicks is the hammer going to full cock and the bolt locking the cylinder. Firing pin in the hammer is made to be a little loose so it doesn't beat the pin hole in the frame. If it were tight as the gun wears it would oval the firing pin hole out and may damage pin and hole.

A possible scenario is this:

He was practicing drawing and cocking the weapon, and then decocking and holstering the gun. With a SA revolver you would "decock" it by holding the hammer with your thumb and pressing the trigger and lowering the hammer with your thumb.

If he had been doing reps of this he could easily confuse the motion and accidentally allow the hammer to drop.

In his mind he pulls the trigger to fire the gun, but doesn't pull the trigger when he decocks the gun.

I've seen competitive shooters who at the end of a stage need to show clear and drop the hammer to verify that the weapon was truly unloaded before reholstering. But they get too complacent and sometimes pull the trigger on the way back to the holster. Sometimes that fires a round into their leg.

Early on in this thread I posted that I felt for him bc he killed someone. Thot he is an assh0*e then, and still do. But after listening to him claim that he was not responsible I'll take it all back.
1- He should not have opened his mouth at all, but he just can't help himself!
2- I'm betting his lawyer was apoplectic about the interview. I'd fire my client, or just charge him more!
3- Think the $$ figures just went up on the civil suits?
4- I stopped liking him years ago. Was funny until his politics got in the way.
5- Grab the popcorn! Its gonna be a long one! (& he is still an a$$! )

Just guessing but her husband is probably hard of hearing...:D
Her writing style is diff, but she is one of the nicest people on this board! She was chased away once before by members being jerks, and is only now testing the water temp again

DON'T YOU DARE PICK ON CATE!!!!

ANY OF YOU!!!!!

:s0123:

:s0109:

To be honest, my little jokes about loss of hearing in the flurry of humorous posts on the previous page was meant to be just that... little jokes.
Certainly not directed at @Catherine1 in particular, nor at her husband, either. I would hope she knows that...

Her writing style is diff, but she is one of the nicest people on this board! She was chased away once before by members being jerks, and is only now testing the water temp again

DON'T YOU DARE PICK ON CATE!!!!

ANY OF YOU!!!!!

:s0123:

:s0109:
I think we need a FINE here to be paid by anyone/every one making fun, say $10.00 each toward a membership for Cate!

To be honest, my little jokes about loss of hearing in the flurry of humorous posts on the previous page was meant to be just that... little jokes.
Certainly not directed at @Catherine1 in particular, nor at her husband, either. I would hope she knows that...
I got that.

The original post was done by a member that obviously does not know Cate. And it was done in a way that was not favorable to another member.

I'm OK with people making jests directly AT me... but don't be snide behind another's back.

Unless, of course, it's TBVR.

I think we need a FINE here to be paid by anyone/every one making fun, say $10.00 each toward a membership for Cate!
I will gladly pay my FINE for my transgression, if I am so convicted. But I want to be represented by Johnnie Cochran... :)

"If the joke doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

inquiring-minds-want-to-know.jpg

Having a laugh at the expense of another is a cheap shot. And not allowed under Rule #1.
Humor is in the eye and ear of the beholder. Saying her husband is hard of hearing isn't an insult or derogatory term because if you think about it all of us husbands are hard of hearing. Frankly the joke was more about ourselves than it was about her but it's OK. Everywhere on the net it's the same way, folks got to point a finger because they cant laugh anymore.

You might be better served to ask Kate if it was offensive before you jump a member.

Have a good day.

I've seen competitive shooters who at the end of a stage need to show clear and drop the hammer to verify that the weapon was truly unloaded before reholstering. But they get too complacent and sometimes pull the trigger on the way back to the holster. Sometimes that fires a round into their leg.

REally? What kind of match/competition?

I'm asking because that is totally outside the realm of my experience as both a USPSA and IDPA competitive action pistol shooter.

An RO/SO is right there with the shooter, In most cases there is another a few paces back. When the stage is completed, the RO/SO will ask if the shooter is finished.

The shooter will continue to face downrange with the pistol pointed i a safe direction and wait for the RO/SO commands.

The RO/SO then commands:
1. Unload and show clear. The mag is removed and then the slide is racked. Any live round is ejected and the chamber is inspected to make sure it is clear of live rounds.
2. Then the "Hammer down" command is given and the shooter points the pistol towards the ground a few feet in front and downrange, and pulls the trigger as a last safety check.
At no point is the shooter allowed to holster the gun prior to the "Hammer down" command. And not following RO/SO commands will get one DQ'd or even disinvited from future competition/matches.

Is this not the way it is done where you compete???

I'm asking because that is totally outside the realm of my experience as both a USPSA and IDPA competitive action pistol shooter.

An RO/SO is right there with the shooter, In most cases there is another a few paces back. When the stage is completed, the RO/SO will ask if the shooter is finished.

The shooter will continue to face downrange with the pistol pointed i a safe direction and wait for the RO/SO commands.

The RO/SO then commands:
1. Unload and show clear. The mag is removed and then the slide is racked. Any live round is ejected and the chamber is inspected to make sure it is clear of live rounds.
2. Then the "Hammer down" command is given and the shooter points the pistol towards the ground a few feet in front and downrange, and pulls the trigger as a last safety check.
At no point is the shooter allowed to holster the gun prior to the "Hammer down" command. And not following RO/SO commands will get one DQ'd or even disinvited from future competition/matches.

Is this not the way it is done where you compete???
Same here! Although I will add that at our comps there is a command between your 1. and 2. that is "Slide forward", wherein the competitor points the pistol towards the ground a few feet in front of him/her and downrange, releases the slide, and awaits the next command. At no time is a competitor allowed to "jump" to the next command ahead of the RO/SO giving the commands. Doing so will get one DQ'ed in a heartbeat. We also have a fourth command, that is "Holster". Only then is the competitor allowed to turn and break the 180.

Other than that, everything else is as you say. I don't see how someone could shoot their leg if they follow those commands and the RO/SO is observant to see that the commands are followed precisely.

Last Edited:
Humor is in the eye and ear of the beholder. Saying her husband is hard of hearing isn't an insult or derogatory term because if you think about it all of us husbands are hard of hearing. Frankly the joke was more about ourselves than it was about her but it's OK. Everywhere on the net it's the same way, folks got to point a finger because they cant laugh anymore.

You might be better served to ask Kate if it was offensive before you jump a member.

Have a good day.
You were very very obviously commenting on Cate's use of caps. Ánd you used "her" in the third party when you did it, not "we" or "us". If you are going to make fun, at least do it directly at somebody and not behind their back. That is low. No matter what you say as an excuse.

You're not the first to make fun of her posts. I don't have to ask Cate because I am in regular contact via PM on TWO diff gun forums. I know how she feels when somebody here criticizes or makes fun of her posts or writing style. You also obviously don't know Caté's history with this forum or you wouldn't have done that.

Now you are informed. You might be better served by keeping that in mind and leaving Cate off the butt end of your jokes.

This shooter was an USPSA shooter, but the event happened at a class not a competition. There were a number of mistakes that day based on complacency.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top