JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Alex Baldwin "JUMPS THE SHARK "! When the Duke boys call ya out your time has come lol.
from the article:

The "Dukes of Hazzard" alum said he believes "the propaganda machine" is responsible for perpetuating the idea that Baldwin "is a victim."

"Three weeks ago, it was a prop gun. Four weeks ago, nobody knew how in the world this real weapon was loaded on the set," Schneider said. "Today, he didn't pull the trigger."
"Let us not forget this was a single-action – it was not a Colt, it was a replica … – a single-action weapon needs to be cocked and fired. So what kind of idiots do you take us for?"

Was there film footage at the time of the shooting? I would be very surprised if there wasn't.
I would expect so, unless the camera was damaged. The person AB killed was a cinematographer. I don't know if they were filming other angles, or even if they were filming or going through the paces prior to filming.

In a single action Colt SAA style the hammer has three notches. As you pull the hammer back the first notch is the safety notch to keep the hammer off the round under it.

Second click is to hold the hammer in the position to load the gun, its called half cock and the cylinder turns freely. The notch in the hammer for half cock is cut deep

Next is full cock with the hammer all the way back ready to fire if the cylinder is aligned with a live round between the hammer and the barrel.

For the gun to go off as he released the hammer it would have to be broken or altered to fire without a trigger.

Once the authorities check the function of the gun the truth will be known

My bet is he walks on this and never spends a day in jail.

Last Edited:
They tested it and IT is being tested some more.

ALL of this is still under investigation by the POLICE/SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT and even the FBI. The FBI was called in from the GITGO and I do not know if it is because that land (Ranch where they FILM a BUNCH OF MOVIES and where RUST was being filmed.) may or may not have been on the RESERVATION.

There are so MANY STORIES about this that it is too much for me to do searches for you now but if you do some of your own... in the BEGINNING of this thread or on the Texas forum - it tells a LOT MORE about the gun, guns, extras - people in the film, other witnesses, ALL OF THE WALK OUTS and their safety - union/non union complaints, THEIR GUNS, and tons more.

Plus there is a LOT more updated information since ALL of that was originally posted.

Take care.

Cate
Thanx Cate!

Yes, I have been following the case here, there, and on the Bonginoreport.com website, which is a news aggregator.

I've seen it all, including the recent updates, but I've slept since then. lol

I would expect so, unless the camera was damaged. The person AB killed was a cinematographer. I don't know if they were filming other angles, or even if they were filming or going through the paces prior to filming.
The light outside had changed AND the DEAD VICTIM told Alex and the other people there that they had to film aka shoot some other scenes from another angle and do some other shooting/filming things ON THAT DAY.

That is when Alex said what he said according to other WITNESSES and what was said from the gitgo in the ORIGINAL NEWS REPORTS.

"How about I just shoot you?!" Close or exact words TOLD BY WITNESSES. NOT ONLY ONE WITNESS HEARD IT.

AB HAS A HUGE EGO, he has a TEMPER and he is a BULLY with many other faults.

That VERY DAY was one HUGE CLUSTER YOU KNOW WHAT - HUGE!

The DEAD VICTIM even tried to calm down ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO JUST SAID, "EFF IT!", and THEY LEFT THE RANCH - film set.

THEY WALKED OUT!

THOSE PEOPLE WROTE OFFICIAL LETTERS to some union and other film orgs. plus they had complete accounts of what was going on from super LONG HOURS, stays at MUCH LONGER DISTANCES from the ranch, not enough break time between getting off of work, longer drives to some far away motels, coming back the next day and TONS MORE. Plus many safety issues!

SO if they do not have this on FILM - they were getting ready to 'shoot' some more scenes aka FILM some more due to the SUN and the light inside and outside all due to the TIME OF DAY.

So the ACTUAL SHOOTING done by AB might not be ON FILM. But that is what happened right before she was shot. They were getting READY TO 'SHOOT' AKA FILM some more that day.

Cate

The light outside had changed AND the DEAD VICTIM told Alex and the other people there that they had to film aka shoot some other scenes from another angle and do some other shooting/filming things ON THAT DAY.

That is when Alex said what he said according to other WITNESSES and what was said from the gitgo in the ORIGINAL NEWS REPORTS.

"How about I just shoot you?!" Close or exact words TOLD BY WITNESSES. NOT ONLY ONE WITNESS HEARD IT.

AB HAS A HUGE EGO, he has a TEMPER and he is a BULLY with many other faults.

That VERY DAY was one HUGE CLUSTER YOU KNOW WHAT - HUGE!

The DEAD VICTIM even tried to calm down ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO JUST SAID, "EFF IT!", and THEY LEFT THE RANCH - film set.

THEY WALKED OUT!

THOSE PEOPLE WROTE OFFICIAL LETTERS to some union and other film orgs. plus they had complete accounts of what was going on from super LONG HOURS, stays at MUCH LONGER DISTANCES from the ranch, not enough break time between getting off of work, longer drives to some far away motels, coming back the next day and TONS MORE. Plus many safety issues!

SO if they do not have this on FILM - they were getting ready to 'shoot' some more scenes aka FILM some more due to the SUN and the light inside and outside all due to the TIME OF DAY.

So the ACTUAL SHOOTING done by AB might not be ON FILM. But that is what happened right before she was shot. They were getting READY TO 'SHOOT' AKA FILM some more that day.

Cate
why do you scream so much in every post?

Old Lady Cate is a valued and dear member of this board and her contributions are among the more enlightening, day to day, than many of those posts from those of us that post daily, myself included.

Can we just not.

Thanks

Even if there was an issue with the sear and the hammer somehow tripped without touching the trigger wouldn't the hammer stop on the 2nd notch or even the first notch?
This is true, even a Second Edition Colt Army fell to the loading notch, all others stopped on the first notch below the Hammer release point! Even Ruger's Old Army fell to the loading notch, I could NOT trip any of them to a cylinder or nipple! Even the very worn always caught that first notch!

Just for fun, checked one of the 1855 side hammers, nope, caught the loading notch, and she is very worn and a non shooter!

this is a disappointing turn of events.. "it just went off" is 100% of the time a goddamn lie.

i dont give a bubblegum about baldwin, but its always lame to see people lie to get out of stupid bubblegum.

Let Baldwin keep spouting that crap. It will make it that much easier for a good attorney to burn him to the ground at trial, either criminal or civil.

giphy.gif

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews