JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It should not matter if real ammo was in a box of dummy rounds since the real ammo should have felt different and perhaps had more weight. The armorer is responsible for every round that went in every firearm on set. So either she loaded a live round by mistake, left the guns unattended during lunch when the crew went plinking and failed to recheck the firearm, or passed the responsibility for that firearm off to the assistant director who only shook the gun before declaring it cold.

I don't care if there were six live rounds in the gun, someone shouldn't have been pointing the gun at someone. Had that basic rule been followed, even with every other rule being broken there only would have been soiled panties and not a dead body.

I don't care if there were six live rounds in the gun, someone shouldn't have been pointing the gun at someone. Had that basic rule been followed, even with every other rule being broken there only would have been soiled panties and not a dead body.
Spot on and no argument.

I maintain AB had regressed to some 'childlike' state and was playing with the gun as though it were a toy and had little to no conscious knowledge of what he was doing.

He was in a'western' movie set and the 'old tapes' of the Westerns he grew up with began 'running' and he lost all sense of reality.

20211111_182253.jpg

A bit irrelevant, but where the hell did the term "drum" come from? "I spun the drum." ?
Then the "journalist" that said "Spun the barrel". Jesus, don't any reporters do any friggin research?

A bit irrelevant, but where the hell did the term "drum" come from? "I spun the drum." ?
Then the "journalist" that said "Spun the barrel". Jesus, don't any reporters do any friggin research?
I caught that but it only made the cringe meter jump a little. Cylinder and drum are generally both round, so.

We're talking single action revolvers here, correct? Spinning the "Drum" ( :D ) on a single action is different than on a double action revolver. I don't have a single action myself, but have shot one a couple of times. You have to know to half-cock it and open the gate to spin the cylinder. Apparently they know how to do that much with the gun? And blanks would look the same from the loading gate. You'd have to point the gun at your head and spin the cylinder to see that they were blanks from the front.

I caught that but it only made the cringe meter jump a little. Cylinder and drum are generally both round, so.

We're talking single action revolvers here, correct? Spinning the "Drum" ( :D ) on a single action is different than on a double action revolver. I don't have a single action myself, but have shot one a couple of times. You have to know to half-cock it and open the gate to spin the cylinder. Apparently they know how to do that much with the gun? And blanks would look the same from the loading gate. You'd have to point the gun at your head and spin the cylinder to see that they were blanks from the front.
From what I've read, the assistant director told him it was empty, not loaded with blanks. He'd have been able to verify visually that the cylinder was empty.

The pesky boys from TMZ will have a field day with this proud clown. Match Game is probably done.

Photographer on the street: "Yeah well same to you buddy, at least I didn't kill someone."

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads