JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Attachments

• gunsmoke.jpg
    gunsmoke.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 30
I agree but in this case I cannot see anything that would prevent charging AB. If not this sets a bad precedent - I mean the next 'negligent' discharge from one who is holding a gun will just request the 'Alec Baldwin' defense.
I agree. What I was saying was in response to a previous post sayinging does he deserve the same leniency as the pilot that killed Vic Morrow and the two kids. I said a Helicopter was designed to fly but a gum made to kill!

Okay, from what I've read, it seems that someone "handed the 'prop' gun to AB and told him it was safe." Various headlines use a phrase, "the gun he was holding."

Google it and you'll find this: "Alec Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round."

What a complete idiot!

For millions of dollars or not, it would never occur to me to take a real firearm that somebody handed me (a gun the production crew used for actual target shooting the very same morning), fail to check it myself, point it in the general direction of a camera with humans standing behind it - and pull the trigger.

But what do I know? I'm just a safety-oriented hobbyist.

F_ing ignorant, virtue-posturing, loudmouth "political activist" (rabidly anti-2A), untrained, elitist, moron! Baldwin uses his numbly insulated celebrity platform to spout diatribes against cops and Second Amendment, and sensible, responsible gun owners everywhere. Longs to see you and me unarmed and defenseless.

Sadly, his wealth and the political favor abused by most Hollywood celebrities will allow him to nimbly side-step anything resembling a negative consequence. In fact, it will only make him "more interesting" to those sheep who will continue to buy his hypocritical commercial products.

Last Edited:
AND not that it really matters but the 24 YO 'armorer' was previoulsy involved in another act of stupidity just last year:
Horribly written, they using kindergarteners now?

EDIT! She is Thell Reed's daughter? Say it ain't so...
She was a model and then wanted to be an actress or director. Says she was mostly self taught. My guess is daddy realized she wasn't up to the task and didn't encourage it.

What I hear people saying but not saying is, this wasn't a real gun fight. There was no urgency to be handed a gun but not check it IN THE CASE OF POINTING IT AT SOMEONE.

The media seems to be ignoring that case. Hey, AB. This gun is clear safe and ready to go. Ok. One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. 🎬 Action. If you handle guns long enough, you get those little eye openers that say, pay #$%* attention. Instead of decades of anti gun rhetoric he should have spent 5 mins on one of the tools that made him $millions.

Of course people accidentally shoot friends. Cops, sports figures, vice presidents. But unless you're the VP you are held accountable and very few exceptions.

I wrote this the other day on another forum.

LAST Saturday morning BEFORE even more news came out over there, here or in the BIASED L/R - R/L news.

Here you go:

I will come back to this later on. I have followed this story from MANY sources online when the story broke and before I read this and one other forum.

I BLAME the shooter.

Yes, there is a LOT more to the story from all sides and sources.

May the dead lady's family, friends and co workers have some peace.

May the dead lady rest in peace. I am sad that she died even though I had NO clue who she was.

May the wounded man heal up.

My husband explained 'blanks' to me AND I saw some professional people explain this too. Armorers for films and other gun men. I saw this on OTA boob tube news in the wee hours on one station too.

A human being can fire/shoot BLANKS from a firearm and the blanks CAN KILL a person not just wound them.

A human being can fire/shoot any type of ammunition from a firearm of any type and KILL a person not just wound them.

(My MT husband told me that when he had hunter safety classes as a kid in school (Late 50's or early 60's?) - the INSTRUCTOR showed them what a so called BLANK could do when it came to damage too.

He was shooting as a KID too. Under supervision. Very, very young! He got his first deer when he was 12 years old and his OLDER brother and another neighbor man were with him.)

Some of you have caught on to more of the story here in this thread since a lot more has come out as the hours went on. I am glad that some of you mentioned it here too.

I may add some other LINKS later on.

Funny thing, really NOT so funny, whenever I have handed OVER A FIREARM to another person whether it was my late husband, my MT husband, any friend shooting in a few states on all types of terrain and SEVERAL INDOOR AND OUTDOOR - CLUB official shooting ranges, to MY old dead and alive friends including ones in police work and to my or my husband's old military buddies, etc. - I ALWAYS CHECKED - CHECK THAT MY FIREARM was UNLOADED - demonstrated to them that my firearm was EMPTY-UNLOADED and when THEY PICKED IT UP FROM ME EVEN IF THEY JUST SAW ME DO THIS - THEY CHECKED IT TOO.

I HAD an old friend in Colorado who died within a week of my late husband. He told me that he never saw anyone so careful about gun safety and transferring firearms to them and vice versa even IF they handed ME one of their firearms to shoot and even if I saw them unload it, etc. - I ALWAYS CHECKED THE FIREARM OUT because that was/is what I was TAUGHT and READ even when I started to buy my own guns and get into shooting in my late 40's.

I was ALWAYS told that ALL GUNS were loaded.

Period.

Col. Jeff Cooper's rules, etc.

I have never seen a BLANK in real life as in seeing one in my hand or any other person holding a blank.

I do NOT care for AB and when I say that HE is responsible - it has nothing to do with his vile talk or actions.

Maybe he was going on about Trump's COMMENTS about shooting someone on Fifth Avenue and more! Who knows?

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Nothing would shock me if this was an accident or ANOTHER CASE of a bad day when it came to AB and his crazy talk, temper, etc.

AB had 3 ROLES (Actor, producer, director (?).) in that movie being filmed.

Plus there was a whole bunch of other crapola going on THERE and not only with the CREW who walked OFF THE SET and with other complaints.

Prop Gun That Killed Cinematographer on Alec Baldwin Film Contained 'Live Single Round,' Union Claims

The prop gun that killed "Rust" cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza on during an on-set accident on Thursday contained a "live single round," acc…

"Local 44 has confirmed that the Props, Set Decoration, Special Effects and Construction Departments were staffed by New Mexico crew members," Pawluc said. "There were no Local 44 members on the call sheet. On behalf of Local 44's Officers, Executive Board and Staff, our thoughts and prayers go out to Halyna and her family. We also send good thoughts to Joel and his family for a full recovery."

TONS OF OTHER LINKS are out there telling what was going on while filming that movie.

Throw in the movie's PLOT - strange indeed.

AB, KARMA is a female dog. TOO bad that you hurt and killed people plus what you have done in the PAST too.

Your hypocrisy shows NO bounds!

Just like all of the OTHER HOLLYWEIRD ANTI GUN PEOPLE who make movies with guns and tons of violence in them. Throw in your private security guards and public - taxpayer paid peace officers who guard your sorry butt when you are out and about. Throw in your LOCKED GATES and walls around your fancy homes!

Cate

Cate, this post was referenced but disappeared on the other forum. You delete, did it get deleted (too long), or do you have me on ignore over there???

bb

Okay, from what I've read, it seems that someone "handed the 'prop' gun to AB and told him it was safe." Various headlines use a phrase, "the gun he was holding."

Google it and you'll find this: "Alec Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round."

What a complete idiot!

For millions of dollars or not, it would never occur to me to take a real firearm that somebody handed me (a gun the production crew used for actual target shooting the very same morning), fail to check it myself, point it in the general direction of a camera with humans standing behind it - and pull the trigger.

But what do I know? I'm just a safety-oriented hobbyist.

F_ing ignorant, virtue-posturing, loudmouth "political activist" (rabidly anti-2A), untrained, elitist, moron! Baldwin uses his numbly insulated celebrity platform to spout diatribes against cops and Second Amendment, and sensible, responsible gun owners everywhere. Longs to see you and me unarmed and defenseless.

Sadly, his wealth and the political favor abused by most Hollywood celebrities will allow him to nimbly side-step anything resembling a negative consequence. In fact, it will only make him "more interesting" to those sheep who will continue to buy his hypocritical commercial products.
Even though Baldwin is all those things, He was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing with that gun!
As an actor according to standard movie set protocols would not be allowed to open or check a firearm.
Early in this thread a movie crew member posted about the standard set procedure.
In those standard protocols, The armorer would bring out the guns, prove they are unloaded including pushing a rod through the barrel and chambers. [This is in front of the whole crew!] For practice a rubber gun would be used, and then just before the action was started the Armorer would load only the correct amount of ammo needed for that scene. And the reason the actors are not allowed to open or mess with the guns is ... since they only load the proper amount of ammo, the armorer also must index the cylinder of a revolver to be sure the next round up is the blank! The others in the cylinder will be dummy rounds that if the camera catches the front of the gun will look like its fully loaded. If this was a different picture using semi auto guns the actor if checking the loaded status would eject the loaded blank on to the set. And screw up the number of blanks in the gun!

What was different on this set was "due to Covid restrictions" all non-essential people were kept off the set. Including the safety people. The guns were not secured at all times by the Armorer and staff. they were left on a open cart and picked up by the assistant director. It also does not seem that the armorer kept them secured while off the set. And that twice before a gun with a problem was used. it had twice had an AD during a scene.

Now this last part is my own speculation but the experienced Prop Master who refused the job after four days of negotiations said he did so over safety reasons. He probably saw a problem in the producers plan to reduce the number of people on set. And wanted no part of it!

So Baldwin the actor would not be allowed to open , check, or mess with the gun handed to him.
But Baldwin the producer May be held responsible for breaking standard protocols, hiring people who were not up to the job, and not seeing to the safety and security of the people working for him .
The Prop Master, Armorer, and Assistant Director, also failed to safely do their jobs, and share some responsibility! DR

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads