JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"Alan Dershowitz, an emeritus law professor at Harvard, is one of the greatest legal minds of our time, writing multiple books and publishing hundreds of articles about the law. He has been defending clients in courtrooms since the 1970s and argued numerous cases before the Supreme Court. He was also on the team that defended Donald Trump against impeachment. Alan Dershowitz believes that Alec Baldwin's shooting of Halyna Hutchins could be considered a homicide. Gun safety protocols are so stringent that an accident of this kind is almost impossible."

Uhhhhh, by definition killing another person is a homicide.

Joe

Is/Are the left/antis so blind (or stupid) that they actually believe this has nothing to do with gun safety and have convinced themselves this was purely an accident, and had nothing to do with human involvement and have essentially 'removed' the fact a life was taken and are trying to somehow 'rationalize' this as 'OK' , or like it isn't real ?

OR are they so 'diabolical' they know exactly what they are doing as an attempt to influence or convince the rest of the lib 'followers' this has nothing to do with how there were serious mistakes made with regard to gun handling & safety and its still a gun control issue?

I'm not looking for a pure candidate. I was hoping members of the dominant party on this site would be able to climb above the low life behavior of what we witness from the left party for the last five+ years. Seems like some of the mean kids a person may have gone to elementary school with. It doesn't paint a very pretty picture of us.
Us? You don't seem very "us".
Being nice to the left got us here.
The left have only been low lifes since Trump made the scene?

Joe

Is/Are the left/antis so blind (or stupid) that they actually believe this has nothing to do with gun safety and have convinced themselves this was purely an accident, and had nothing to do with human involvement and have essentially 'removed' the fact a life was taken and are trying to somehow 'rationalize' this as 'OK' , or like it isn't real ?

OR are they so 'diabolical' they know exactly what they are doing as an attempt to influence or convince the rest of the lib 'followers' this has nothing to do with how there were serious mistakes made with regard to gun handling & safety and its still a gun control issue?
DIABOLICAL, and they want to ELIMINATE us.
Doubt that at your own peril.
Look, 10 plus years ago I said the Left doesn't want "a conversation about common sense restrictions" on gun control, they want TOTAL ELIMINATION OF PRIVATE GUN OWNERSHIP. I was called a nut, radical, mean...
How you think the left feels about "us" now? YOU asked the questions.

Joe

As much as I don't like the majority of the entertainment industry, their on set firearms policy seemed to be working. When they ignored their own rules and commonsense, people get killed.

Maybe now, but not likely, they will take an honest look that how the bad actions of a few should not effect those not involved.
No offense, Poke, these people never take an honest look at anything.
The only constant in the universe is the call for more and more rules that they won't follow. The goal is to bury people under enough rules that everyone is guilty of something when it is convenient for the powers-that-be.

But as my dad says, "Even duct tape can't fix stupid." There simply isn't enough duct tape on the planet for Hollyweird.

I've been reading reports that crew members were using the gun with live rounds for target practice during down time and that police seized live rounds and blanks from the set.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...d/news-story/787f92215fa5d7395df9f7ba492dac47
But duct tape can make them silent. :)
His name is Mud now. :)

Unfortunately...YES.

Like most all extremists in their politics, the far-left antis are primarily reactionary and emotion-driven in their thinking. Most are guilty of employing confirmation bias in the processes of formulating their perspective on certain issues.

Look at how the majority of left-wing antis label Kyle Rittenhouse as a White Nationalist Domestic Terrorist whose primary intent was to murder (mostly peaceful) BLM protesters.

Most extremists are so wrapped up in their ideologies; that many fail to accept anything counter to their beliefs; even if there exists a logical or factual reason to do so. It is a condition of tribalism and group-thinking.

There are already politicians in California calling to ban all firearms from movie-sets going forward. What's next? Ban helicopters? Deaths have occurred from their use in film. Ban motor vehicles? Countless stunt-drivers have been killed over the years. Ban filming near water? Drowning... The list goes on and on and on.

I've always tried to maintain a pretty even keel. I'm primarily a centrist. My extreme conservative acquaintances think that I'm a liberal. My extreme liberal acquaintances think that I'm a conservative. I must be doing something right.

Unfortunately...YES.

Like most all extremists in their politics, the far-left antis are primarily reactionary and emotion-driven in their thinking. Most are guilty of employing confirmation bias in the processes of formulating their perspective on certain issues.

Look at how the majority of left-wing antis label Kyle Rittenhouse as a White Nationalist Domestic Terrorist whose primary intent was to murder (mostly peaceful) BLM protesters.

Most extremists are so wrapped up in their ideologies; that many fail to accept anything counter to their beliefs; even if there exists a logical or factual reason to do so. It is a condition of tribalism and group-thinking.

There are already politicians in California calling to ban all firearms from movie-sets going forward. What's next? Ban helicopters? Deaths have occurred from their use in film. Ban motor vehicles? Countless stunt-drivers have been killed over the years. Ban filming near water? Drowning... The list goes on and on and on.

I've always tried to maintain a pretty even keel. I'm primarily a centrist. My extreme conservative acquaintances think that I'm a liberal. My extreme liberal acquaintances think that I'm a conservative. I must be doing something right.
Awwww......Come On Man.
Reject_Reality_and_Substitue.jpg

Is that you Joe?

Aloha, Mark

-The media seems to have just found out there was possibly a live round in the revolver! Really? Kinda figured that out on Day 1. ATF says it was a live round that passed through her striking the director standing behind her. A wad from a blank would not make it that far.

-Baldwin says he was doing a cross draw when the round went off? Haven't seen a map of just where she was standing but I would think near the camera would be her 'place'. Cameras had ballistic sheilds but people did not. A cross draw might take up to a 90 movement of the barrel. I'm betting he had his finger on the trigger the whole time.

- Using a pistol designated for use in the movie to use for target practice? Just a stupid move. That's how accidents happen. Bring your own!

-Obviously the armorer lost control of her job. She should have been the one to clear, load and hand out every weapon every day. Definitely seems to have been out of her depth. The director should not have been the one to hand them out. He claimed it was a COLD weapon. How did he know? Did he clear it and load in the blanks? I doubt it.

-All in all, just a lot of stupid chit going on on that lot. People doing stupid things around weapons that dangerous for everyone involved. Lives taken, lives and reputations destroyed, and the movie will probably just be toast. Only winners will be the lawyers and therapists!

I did as an OLD fashioned R with libertarian leanings. ALL over the WWWeb and offline too.

I wrote about VP Dick on long gone forums and even on HERE on and off since I joined up which has only been a couple of years.

I called him VP DICK aka THE SHOOTER on various forums - old boards and ON HERE too.

I spoke about this in person and on the telephone too.

When that SHOOTING INCIDENT HAPPENED - they tried to COVER IT ALL UP.

VP DICK was NOT CHECKED for booze or drugs in HIS SYSTEM immediately IF AT ALL. THAT IS A COLD HARD FACT!

It took some time as in MANY HOURS or one day or so (?) for the story to come out.

In fact, the man who got SHOT IN THE FACE aka THE VICTIM was in some high profile business DEAL with Dick or old Halliburton aka NO BID CONTRACT donkeys along with other people/companies out there.

The VICTIM did have some old business ties with Dick, Halliburton and/or the Bushes.

The VICTIM did not want to SELL or do business with DICK, Halliburton and/or the Bush family.

JACK squat happened to DICK and even the Secret Service did not want to cooperate much with the police or deputies when it came to DICK. This was stated IN R and L wingnut aka Faux News - R/L - L/R news at the time and later on too.

Of course, the shot man aka THE VICTIM got his medical care immediately or as fast as he could from that SO CALLED hunting accident. Accident?! My aching @@@ - lol!

In my opinion, OLD 5 DEFERMENT VP DICK was drunk, on drugs and/or just one effed up man - ANGRY - he had a TEMPER too.

As the years have gone on... I have realized just how EVIL VP DICK was and is. My late husband said that DICK and the other neo con job artists (PNAC!) were more in charge than the doofus Bush was.

But since we did not want algore... both of us voted ONCE for Doofus Bush 2.

He died not that LONG after 9/11 so he never voted for him again. I never voted for him again. Both of us were for ALAN KEYES in the primary and I should have voted for AK in that final election. I have ALWAYS regretted voting for Bush 2.

I do NOT regret never ever voting for the Criminal Clintons and !!! algore. I detest them just as much as a BUNCH of Ds and R out there. I would like them to just FADE AWAY with the other recent and present Ds and Rs in office. Crazy Land - Senile Land - ugh.

Crazy like a fox D/R land with LOTS OF MONEY and golden parachute packages. The old ones are liars, thieves and grifters and their rotten - disgusting children are the same thing too - big time.

Cate

Absolutely.

Not only is it practicing gun safety, It is also a gentleman's sign of respect.
I wrote about this on another forum several days ago when it comes to firearm safety and so forth.

I might put it up here too.

Cate

In my personal experience, after brand-new-to-firearms persons, at times it's among those that are most confident in their experience that can become complacent with gun safety.

When not at the range (and immediately before a person is going to engage in target practice downrange), whenever I'm presenting a firearm to simply show anyone(regardless of level of experience); it is ALWAYS with:

1. mag removed/tube cleared.
2. the chamber cleared.
3. slide locked/bolt back or cylinder cleared and open.

It is then, and only then; that I will present the firearm showing the recipient and getting acknowledgment that the firearm is clear before passing it off. There have been times that I get some 'eye rolls' from long-time firearms owners for this seemingly over-redundant practice.

I, and would like to believe that most on here, give gun safety the seriousness that it deserves at ALL times.

EDIT: And if it's a newbie, and I'm handing them a revolver; I tell them if they slam the cylinder home.. or if they release the slide on an empty 1911 chamber like they've seen in the movies; I'm going to sock them in the jaw. "See how it feels?"
THIS and thank you.

Cate

I'm not that old, just didn't grow up with a TV, most of my play gun was sticks and sure as chit didn't come inside much before in was dark.
My play gun was using my finger.

My bike was my horse or my car. LOL

I am OLD but I can relate to you when it came to PLAYING OUTSIDE a lot plus I loved to swim and read a lot too.

Take care.

Cate

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR