JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Started teaching my elementary school age kids gun safety this summer. Major lesson was every time you squeeze a trigger you are responsible for everything that happens. Applies to them, to us, and to anti gun celebrities.

I'll wait for the investigation results before I judge the young armorer, assistant director, and stories about afterhour plinking with said firearm used by AB.

I'm skeptical and feel it's PR trying to get ahead of the story. Because, once you say Billy f@@ked the goat and it gains traction, he'll go to the grave as Billy the goat f@@ker.

Several facts remain uncontested. 1) a live round found its way into the firearm 2) it's NOT a prop gun when you can put a live round into the gun 3) a Lexan barrier was not used as is industry standard 4) several firearms safety protocols were not followed 5) Baldwin pulled the trigger.

All news from "sources" is conjecture, propagand, and heresay.

But how did the live round get there? Why not a true prop gun? Why was the crew not behind a safety barrier for all firearms scenes? Who was actually in charge of firearms safety? If a rehearsal, why did Baldwin have to pull the trigger?

In the end, I believe Baldwin is screwed and will be found guilty of at least involuntary manslaughter.

119B3C83-8810-4EE9-9B35-D5419B60CBB4.jpeg

The 'assistant director' did NOT hold the gun in the direction of the people.

Baldwin is 100% responsible due to NOT adhering to the basic rules of gun safety.
Yep Baldwin is responsible. And the others are also responsible. The ya-who who was shooting the gun with real bullets at lunch and put a loaded gun back in the rack (assumed of course), the armorer who did not ensure the gun was safe, the assistant director who did not check the gun and said it was a cold gun.

Baldwin is by far the most responsible because as a producer etc he hired an inexperienced armorer, and it appears he hired an AD with a very bad reputation for safety (particularly with firearms), created unsafe working conditions, did not follow safety protocols, etc. in other words he is responsible for creating dangerous conditions on the set as a whole. As an actor he is also responsible for not following safety protocols including pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger. So he is responsible for the accident on many levels, not just a single negligent discharge in his role as an actor.

That 24 YO 'armorer' looks dumber than a box of rocks.

I wonder who she 'satisfied' to get the job.......
Yep appeared to me she was riding the coattails of her father's reputation but is "learning as she goes" and didn't seem to be hardly trained by her father at all from what I've read anyway.

Reposted for convenience from an article mentioned above somewhere.

669913EC-F56B-4DCF-AC1D-AB908359DD5D.jpeg

586EF9A6-A4E7-4448-BC83-927F2DE69201.jpeg

Yep appeared to me she was riding the coattails of her father's reputation but is "learning as she goes" and didn't seem to be hardly trained by her father at all from what I've read anyway.

Reposted for convenience:

View attachment 1057944

View attachment 1057945
The way she described the dummy rounds left me wondering if she had dumbed it down for her audience or just has that little knowledge.

The way she described the dummy rounds left me wondering if she had dumbed it down for her audience or just has that little knowledge.
That coupled with the quotes about how loading blanks was the scariest for her has me thinking she is someone way, way, over her head and not qualified. Just my opinion based only on what I read.

It seems to me she was talking about blanks being in the right place in the cylinder so that something goes "bang" when the actor pulls the trigger. Seems like a really odd statement to make if someone was knowledgeable about firearms.

It could be that poeple assume she is knowledgeable because of her father. And she may have played on that to get the job once she decided that being an armorer would be a fun thing to do. I've heard similar embellishment of ones knowledge from younger folks trying to break into a new line of work before and it sounds like that to me. But those are all just WAGs.

No relation to Alec, but actor Adam Baldwin's character in the 1980 movie "My Bodyguard" accidentally shoots and kills his younger brother. Coincidence???

Sorry, didn't read all 25 pages but anyone considered in a SA revolver of the period, only 5 rounds should be loaded with the hammer resting on an empty chamber? While recreational shooting before the incident, someone may have loaded all six chambers and when the person responsible for loading blanks pulled out five blank rounds and loaded each round individually through the loading gate, ie. dropped the existing live round then loaded the blank then rotated the cylinder to the next chamber.

So, now you have a gun with five blanks and one live round. That would explain the other accidental firings on set.

Also, when they had the first accident, they should have stop production and investigate what happened. They should have a safety officer on set for incidents such as this. We have range masters at gun ranges and their word is law concerning all shooting there.

Well it has started, just saw on the news where they mentioned Brandon Lee and how he was shot and then they brought another young female member of the "Lee" family to speak to; the slow insidious slip into making it a gun control issue has begun... just you wait, the anti gunners will ramp it up real quick from here...
Training is always imperative but we know where the anti-gunners ultimately want to take this...

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads