JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
But things were different back then too. As kids we were relatively safe, the neighbors all knew who our parents were, the neighborhood police officer walked his beat, kids weren't snatched up like today, and excuses weren't made for pedophiles and child molesters.
Nah...it all went down before, it always has, it just wasn't in everyone's face. Hell the worse school masacre to date was in 1927. Evil been around since man has been around.

With regard to your experience did you ever find that guns (and other weapons) used in movies to be somewhat 'trivialized' or otherwise not taken seriously by the actors?

My point being I somehow 'get the feeling' that with extreme anti-gun actors they might only see the 'prop' (real or otherwise) as inconsequential, and not 'worthy' of their care or consideration - especially with safety. I have often wondered about this in general and not just because of this issue.
In my experience actors run the gamut between very serious folks who study and work hard to perfect the craft and people who show up for a paycheck. More or less the same as any other group. I've seen about the same amount of carelessness around weapons among actors as I have around firearm enthusiasts. Some actors are incapable of worrying about anything beyond the perceived spotlight, some spend a lot of time and effort to perfect the craft. I've known some very anti-2A actors who were incredibly respectful of whatever weapon was handed to them and vice versa.

Having said that based on personal experience, I've seen more sketchy weapon handling and disregard for the danger at the public range. To be fair my dataset is a bit skewed, much more firearm handling at the public ranges than on set in my experiences.

Wow, nothing in this article makes me think the armorer was serious, knew what she was doing, or is very bright. But it's only 1 article I guess. Kind of like hiring ur neighbors airhead teenager to manage some dangerous industrial equipment that if mishandled would kill or injure workers, not smart.
912AC969-BAE9-408A-B1B1-0091FB256A22.jpeg
8FD66AAD-70A0-4944-A834-0F241CEE8F66.jpeg

I observe the entertainment industry, as hugely hypocritical. They abhor firearms, and anyone who owns them, while they embrace , casually waiving them around, on set , while making money in movies or on TV. Not that we can change that closed minded Koolaid drinking idiotic philosophy, but these inadvertent discharges can likely be stopped. I propose EVERONE on a movie or TV set, where any type of firearm is used or handled, and I mean EVERYONE, NO EXCEPTION, mandatorily take an NRA gun safety course and pass both a handing and written test. That way EVERYONE on the set will be responsible for safe firearms handling. Not just a few, "safety" people who obviously did not do their job, while going unchallenged by any one on set, during this scene. While they can b*tch and moan about the requirement, we can simply reply "Do you want to be in the same position as Alec Baldwin?" This approach pretty much works at all the ranges where I've shot. If you can mandate masks or vaccines you can mandate gun safety training.

Last Edited:
I'm not that old, just didn't grow up with a TV, most of my play gun was sticks and sure as chit didn't come inside much before in was dark.
Oh c'mon man. You did those things? Pretty sure you're old. If you'd thrown in "played kick the can", then I'd be positive. Don't ask me how I know. Cuz I ain't tellin'. :s0002:

Nah...it all went down before, it always has, it just wasn't in everyone's face. Hell the worse school masacre to date was in 1927. Evil been around since man has been around.
This is what I have to tell MYself once in a while. Man isn't just NOW turning evil. Mankind has always been a scourge on the earth. It's just now the 24/7 commercial media is there to ingrain mans evil into everyone's brains that chooses to listen. It may also be getting worse than 100 years ago. "They" tell us now that lawbreakers shouldn't be punished, the poor things.

Last Edited:
Speaking of movie guns, why do they all make a "click" sound when they are aimed at someone? I wonder who started that trend and why. Seems like every TV and movie sound editor now does that. My wife and I call them "clicky guns" when we see it in movies.

Last Edited:
I observe the entertainment industry, as hugely hypocritical. They abhor firearms, and anyone who owns them, while they embrace , casually waiving them around, on set , while making money in movies or on TV. Not that we can change that closed minded Koolaid drinking idiotic philosophy, but these inadvertent discharges can likely be stopped. I propose EVERONE on a movie or TV set, where any type of firearm is used or handled, and I mean EVERYONE, NO EXCEPTION, mandatorily take an NRA gun safety course and pass both a handing and written test. That way EVERYONE on the set will be responsible for safe firearms handling. Not just a few, "safety" people who obviously did not do their job, while going unchallenged by any one on set, during this scene. While they can b*tch and moan about the requirement, we can simply reply "Do you want to be in the same position as Alec Baldwin?" This approach pretty much works at all the ranges where I've shot. If you can mandate masks or vaccines you can mandate gun safety training.
Yup!

Plus, with today's technology there is absolutely no reason to point a firearm at anyone, on or off camera.

No reason a remote control camera couldn't have been used, where this unfortunate negligence occurred...other than $$$.

On camera pointing at another actor? True props, as in unable to fire ANYTHING. Digital edit afterwards. Again tho, $$$.

It frosts me the way the MSMs report on things:

'Alec Baldwin had been practicing a "cross-draw" weapons firing technique and was aiming at a camera when a prop gun went off, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins'.

'When A prop gun when off'? It appears like they are putting the gun in '3rd person' and making it sound like it was not even in Baldwins hand, like some random gun just aimed itself and went off.

It frosts me the way the MSMs report on things:

'Alec Baldwin had been practicing a "cross-draw" weapons firing technique and was aiming at a camera when a prop gun went off, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins'.

'When A prop gun when off'? It appears like they are putting the gun in '3rd person' and making it sound like it was not even in Baldwins hand, like some random gun just aimed itself and went off.
Or similarly worded: "the gun discharged"; implying that it fired by itself -- A true AD.

It hasn't been reported that Baldwin actually pulled the trigger, or if he admitted to it. I'd prefer to believe that law enforcement investigators asked that question, and the answer is known. It is important that it be reported correctly that it was a negligent discharge and not an accidental discharge; if that is indeed the case.

Baldwin's PR team is already trying to portray him as the real victim here; absolving him of any personal responsibility for his reckless actions by placing the entire blame elsewhere.

Normally, I might have some empathy for someone that killed someone in a tragic unintended accident, but Baldwin has been such an arrogant vocal proponent in restricting 2A rights for law-abiding citizens that I want him to face equal justice, and not be allowed to slide on an 'Affluenza Defense'.

The new information includes previously unreported statements from director Joel Souza and cameraman Reid Russell.

Souza, 48, said Baldwin had been practicing Thursday when the gun went off, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injuring Souza, according to the latest warrant information.

The cast and crew had taken a lunch break, and when they returned, Souza told authorities,
he wasn't sure if the firearm to be used by Baldwin had been checked anew for safety.
And........
Russell, the camera operator, told authorities none of this was captured on camera because the cast and crew were preparing for the scene. He also said he was unsure if the gun had been checked because he had left the area for five minutes for a break.
Taken from......

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
It hasn't been reported that Baldwin actually pulled the trigger,
I don't see this as particularly relevant. The gun was in his hand and obviously no one else pulled the trigger so either he he did, or the gun failed and discharged - regardless it was pointed in the direction of the people and one died because of his negligent gun handling.

Cameraman on set: Alec Baldwin was very careful with guns

Until that one day...

Note what the article said......
Meanwhile, a possible clue as to how a live round found its way into the gun. Multiple sources tied to the movie's production tell TMZ that the gun Baldwin used was also used by crew members for target practice after hours at a different location, with real bullets in play. One source who was reportedly on set when the police showed up after the shooting tells the outlet that cops found blanks for firearms were being stored in the same area as live ammunition, which could be another way a real bullet ended up in the gun. Reuters notes it hasn't been able to yet verify the TMZ report via Santa Fe police.

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews