JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Some background for those of y'all that care, especially after skimming the thread. I worked as a professional stagehand for 11 years in my prior career.

Stagecraft isn't like the normal trades. Master doesn't indicate a level of skill or ability necessarily but rather the level of responsibility. For example I spent a number of those years as a production master electrician. This meant I was in charge of power distribution and lighting as well as the crew to perform the actual work. Usually this meant working with the designer to implement the vision and running the crew and maintaining the paperwork all at once.

Props is shorthand for property. Props are not fake by nature, they are often the exact item be it a gun or a camera or a book. In certain areas you can rent props from companies that make fakes, or you can make a fake of an expensive item like a.gold coin, etc. The only important rule to props is that it must look real and must function if needed.

So a prop master is the person responsible for keeping track of the property used on the production and ensuring it is where it should be at all times. Often on smaller budget productions the prop master will also build and design props as needed.

Television and movie production is hell on wheels for crew. I mostly avoided that work after a couple experiences. 12-20 hour days for 7 days a week up to 9 months in a row is brutal and conditions can rapidly become unsafe on small budget productions.

Live rounds on set mean powder charged. Hot means loaded, cold means unloaded.

What happened in this case was negligence on many levels, but at the end of the day it is on the person who pulled the trigger. I mostly worked with members of Actors Equity union, which is mostly geared towards theatre but most screen actors belong to it at some point in their lives. The following is a link to their firearms safety policies some of y'all might find interesting and familiar. Pretty sure the other unions are basically the same. In order for this event to happen many, many safety rules were ignored.

Hope that clears some stuff up for those of you who haven't been around this stuff yourselves.

Edit: punctuation from phone typing...

Let's go Baldwin!
Brilliant.jpg

I seem to remember another incident when a "prop gun" was fired too close to another individual and he ended up dead. Was it on the movie, The Crow?

So.....does Hollywood have a safety problem?

Aloha, Mark
People are killed very often as part and parcel of the fabrication of "Hollywood" fantasies. These deaths of little people are rarely given any attention unless a member of the anointed ones are involved.

and more from Baldwin.

Aloha, Mark
A "hot gun"? So it was stolen, too??? :rolleyes:

One of the guys at coffee this AM was digging into this a bit. Said the 24 year old armorer on the set was nervous about this first job.

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 9.49.00 PM.png

Last Edited:
Most of us a pretty aware of the immunities provided to the protected class of the wealthy('rules for thee not for me') et. al.

Baldwin needs to be charged with negligent homicide/manslaughter and tried in a court of law. A jury ought to be the one to decide his fate.

Firearms are deadly weapons. Baldwin being a grown adult would reasonably be expected to be fully aware of that. Ultimately, it is his responsibility, and his responsibility alone to check the status of any firearm in his immediate possession.

If an adult is handed a loaded pistol, even being previously told that it was unloaded; they would still be negligent in pointing the muzzle at a person and pulling the trigger. They would in almost all cases, be charged with negligent homicide. If it were a hunting 'accident' scenario; the same. When a bullet leaves the barrel, the person that pulled the trigger owns it.

The point here is that this 'accident' caused a death that was preventable if proper gun safety rules had been employed -- The safety rules that we as responsible gun owners can all recite out loud verbatim. Baldwin failed to perceive a substantial and unjustifiable risk. That risk constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that a reasonable person would observe in the same situation.

Now, will he be charged criminally?

I, like most, would be surprised if that actually occurs. He's a celebrity with deep pockets and powerful/influential friends. There will be a hush payment, and it will all go away.

Having a net worth in the 10s of millions has such benefits.

Personally, like someone else said upthread, I'd like to *not* see him go to court, which would in all likelihood result in him being exonerated.
Rather, I would like for his arrogant, hypocritical, anti-gun arse to live with Ms. Hutchins' blood on his hands for the rest of his miserable, sh*tty life.
But that's just me...

Personally, like someone else said upthread, I'd like to *not* see him go to court, which would in all likelihood result in him being exonerated.
Rather, I would like for his anti-gun, hypocritical arse to live with this blood on his hands for the rest of his miserable, sh*tty life behind bars. But that's just me...
I amended it for you.

No charges = exonerated. At the least, he needs to be tried in a court of law like the rest of us plebeians would be.

If Martha Stewart can do the time, so can a Baldwin bro.

If Martha Stewart can do the time, so can a Baldwin bro.
But odds are, he won't. He's too cozy with the Klantoons and he hates DJT plenty enough that the Liberal establishment will let him skate...

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads