JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
$137k is nothing, really, so it is not worth it for the Rust production to fight the ruling.
This is the OSHA fine.

There may be others.

And, there are civil cases to come.

update to add:

"But another thing that should be noted about this report — it's not the end of the story. While there are pending civil actions, including by the family of Halyna Hutchins and a script supervisor, there's also an ongoing criminal investigation. So when Baldwin's attorney is claiming his client is exonerated, the police have not determined that. We'll have to wait and see, but it did sound like they were taking it very seriously and being very thorough in their efforts. Rust Movie Productions said they disagreed with the decision of New Mexico's Occupational Health and Safety Bureau and intended to appeal."

Last Edited:
So if an actor plays a surgeon in a movie he should become knowledgeable surgeon?
An actor is just someone that pretends to be a character of some type. That is why subject matter experts are hired to advise and guarantee safety protocols. While I believe Baldwin is liable as a producer the fault lies with several people.
Anyone who picks up a hand gun has a responsibility to those around him. It takes over a decade to become a surgeon it takes less than a half hour to learn proper gun safety. Not sure where you came up with that analogy

Anyone who picks up a hand gun has a responsibility to those around him. It takes over a decade to become a surgeon it takes less than a half hour to learn proper gun safety. Not sure where you came up with that analogy
I don't think there is any evidence that Baldwin doesn't know proper gun safety. It seems that what happened is that movies can and do things with guns that aren't "proper gun safety" and they use a number of additional steps to mitigate the danger.

You're basically saying actors should veto practices that directors might consider normal and essential. And maybe they should, but they haven't in the past.

I don't think there is any evidence that Baldwin doesn't know proper gun safety
REALLY?

His very "Act" proves he doesn't know jack squat about gun safety, otherwise none of this would have happened!
What's more, his absolute arrogance and éliteisism places such trivial things as gun safety way beneath him, it's why holliweird needs armorers and rules, an such, to protect everyone from everyone else, especially stuck up snobbish arseholes like Baldy!!

REALLY?

His very "Act" proves he doesn't know jack squat about gun safety, otherwise none of this would have happened!
What's more, his absolute arrogance and éliteisism places such trivial things as gun safety way beneath him, it's why holliweird needs armorers and rules, an such, to protect everyone from everyone else, especially stuck up snobbish arseholes like Baldy!!
So, you didn't read the rest of the post. Okay.

He didn't really need to. It's the same stuff you've been saying for the last thirty posts.
Do you ever post anything about firearms subjects, or just strings of insulting insinuations and teenage zingers?

What motivates someone like you to get online and just demonstrate how small they are?

Do you ever post anything about firearms subjects, or just strings of insulting insinuations and teenage zingers?

What motivates someone like you to get online and just demonstrate how small they are?
I made a perfectly valid observation. You've been burning up this thread with the same stuff over and over for days now like the world will end if you can't convince someone, anyone that dear old Billy is innocent. No one has changed their mind in the last 92 pages. Do you think 93 is going to do it?

I made a perfectly valid observation. You've been burning up this thread with the same stuff over and over for days now like the world will end if you can't convince someone, anyone that dear old Billy is innocent. No one has changed their mind in the last 92 pages. Do you think 93 is going to do it?
You made an off topic personal attack. Go away. You aren't the king of the forum. I doubt you're even the king of your basement.

The troll doth protest too much, methinks.
I discus topics that interest ME, and are pertinent to the forum and thread.

Your discussion of me is childish trolling by someone who believes that the best thing they can do with free speech is suppress it with bullying. And you are off topic.

I discus topics that interest ME, and are pertinent to the forum and thread.

Your discussion of me is childish trolling by someone who believes that the best thing they can do with free speech is suppress it with bullying. And you are off topic.
Either you just like to argue, or you are here to troll. More likely the latter.

Either you just like to argue, or you are here to troll. More likely the latter.
Either you like to insult people and piss them off, or you like to insult people and piss them off. PLEASE go away and mind your own business. The forum will do fine without your efforts as freelance thought policeman.

Either you like to insult people and piss them off, or you like to insult people and piss them off. PLEASE go away and mind your own business. The forum will do fine without your efforts as freelance thought policeman.
I'm just responding to your response to my response. That's perfectly legitimate. You're the one getting rude and bent out of shape. When you think about it, I'm actually helping you to grow. See if you can resist responding to this post. Be a better you. I know you can do it!

I'm just responding to your response to my response. That's perfectly legitimate. You're the one getting rude and bent out of shape. When you think about it, I'm actually helping you to grow. See if you can resist responding to this post. Be a better you. I know you can do it!
You are harassing and insulting me. On purpose, for no reason other than you find being an awful person entertaining.

My responses to your provocations are just that - responses. I don't follow you around the forum posting off topic BS about your person.

You are part of the global problem of how loathsome people can choose to be when they know they aren't going to get punched or fired for their anonymous behavior. You are a small, small man.

What part of "Be excellent to each other" do you think you're fulfilling? Or do the rules not apply to you because you're a Gold Supporter?

You are harassing and insulting me. On purpose, for no reason other than you find being an awful person entertaining.

My responses to your provocations are just that - responses. I don't follow you around the forum posting off topic BS about your person.

You are part of the global problem of how loathsome people can choose to be when they know they aren't going to get punched or fired for their anonymous behavior. You are a small, small man.
That's a little over the line.

That's a little over the line.
Hilarious. What line? The one you cross purposely with every post you've sent my way? GO AWAY. Stop screwing up this and every other thread you post you off-topic garbage to.

And I am going to keep responding to you. Not because it is fun, but because it draws attention. Got it?

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top