JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Having actors opening up weapons and potentially tampering with them on the set sounds like a good idea to you? They receive the gun in an inert condition from the armorer who certifies them as safe for the set. Its a movie set. Those are the rules.
Sounds better/safer than trusting a few simple words, "cold gun."

Anyway, I was really attempting to illuminate some hypocrisy between your post here and others you have made related to COVID. You once said that people who refuse to get vaccinated (a safety precaution) are "choosing" to get COVID. Alec Baldwin "refused" to ensure the safety of a firearm himself, so by your logic he chose to kill somebody.

I just enjoy being a hypocrisy police, carry on! 🙃

So if I get my own armorer I am no longer personally responsible for my actions ?
I know its hard to understand so pay attention. If you are an actor on a set and you fire a prop gun and the prop gun as handed to you has a live bullet in the chamber it is not your responsibility if that gun fires a bullet and kills someone else on the set. It is the responsibility of the person whose sole purpose in life is to make sure you are not handed a gun with live ammo in it. That person is called an armorer. Alex Baldwin is not personally responsible for the death of the cinematographer . He will not be personally liable criminally. His production company however WILL get sued for negligence and will of course lose or settle out of court as the armorer, who may face criminal charges, is an employee of that production company. Safeguards exist in the movie industry to prevent stuff like this from happening and the Armorer is that safeguard and that job was neglected..

Sounds better/safer than trusting a few simple words, "cold gun."

Anyway, I was really attempting to illuminate some hypocrisy between your post here and others you have made related to COVID. You once said that people who refuse to get vaccinated (a safety precaution) are "choosing" to get COVID. Alec Baldwin "refused" to ensure the safety of a firearm himself, so by your logic he chose to kill somebody.

I just enjoy being a hypocrisy police, carry on! 🙃
People who do not get vaccinated bring Covid upon themselves. Thats a personal choice . People who work as actors are not qualified to inspect their own weapons Ever seen the gas pump scene from Zoolander? Google Jon-Erik Hexum .

Last Edited:
People who do not get vaccinated bring Covid upon themselves. Thats a personal choice . People who work as actors are not qualified to inspect their own weapons Ever seen the gas pump scene from Zoolander? Google Jon-Erik Hexum .
Ok good, hypocrisy confirmed.

Back to the incident with Alec Baldwin, I actually agree that the armorer or designated handler is also culpable, but causing harm or breaking a law due to ignorance is literally why negligence charges exist. Baldwin has to bear some of the blame, just like all of us would in a similar circumstance.

People who do not get vaccinated bring Covid upon themselves. Thats a personal choice . People who work as actors are not qualified to inspect their own weapons .
Yep. Actors should not be allowed to drive either.

Also, the correct term is experimental mRNA injection which does not vaccinate, inoculate or confer immunity on the person taking the shot. You can still contract and transmit COVID after taking 1, 2, 3 or infinity of the shots currently offered. My friend was double jabbed and got COVID so bad that her doctor sent her to the one super top secret, only for the elites, monoclonal antibody transfusion sites. After that actual treatment she recovered in a day.

It was the Armorers negligence. This is not a shooting range or a war. This is a movie set. Actors have to rely on the armorer to ensure the weapon is safe and suitable for the action on a movie set which includes point guns at people you do not want to destroy and pulling the trigger. What happened was not Alex Baldwins fault unless he ordered the Armorer to place live ammo in the gun.
Alec's role wasn't just as an actor. His role as PRODUCER makes him even more responsible for all that happens on the set, over that of everyone else on the crew. What happened was indeed absolutely Alec Baldwin's responsibility.

Two things:

1) much respect for Will Smith, taking corrective action when what I would guess is an armorer is waving a gun around in front of him. 👍

2) this guy in the video, his message gets lost amongst the vulgarity. Don't get me wrong I can swear up a storm with the best of them, but in a video, like this, I though it was about fornication. :eek:
I don't care for the casual swearing either, but he is the Salty Cracker. That is kind of his stick.

6147A555-EAF6-4980-8DA7-13A20EEF0FA8.jpeg

I know its hard to understand so pay attention. If you are an actor on a set and you fire a prop gun and the prop gun as handed to you has a live bullet in the chamber it is not your responsibility if that gun fires a bullet and kills someone else on the set. It is the responsibility of the person whose sole purpose in life is to make sure you are not handed a gun with live ammo in it. That person is called an armorer. Alex Baldwin is not personally responsible for the death of the cinematographer . He will not be personally liable criminally. His production company however WILL get sued for negligence and will of course lose or settle out of court as the armorer, who may face criminal charges, is an employee of that production company. Safeguards exist in the movie industry to prevent stuff like this from happening and the Armorer is that safeguard and that job was neglected..
So that's a "Yes"
An armorer takes all of my personal responsibility. Great!!!
I'll start shopping around

AND not that it really matters but the 24 YO 'armorer' was previoulsy involved in another act of stupidity just last year:
Holy hell; reading that was atrocious. Written by a guy with ADD whose third language is English.

How can the term 'Prop Gun' be used in this conversation???? It was obviously a 'Real Gun' (prop guns are not made to fire a real bullet and cannot)

How can the term 'Prop Gun' be used in this conversation???? It was obviously a 'Real Gun' (prop guns are not made to fire a real bullet and cannot)
I thought the same thing but it was explained in an earlier post. Prop is short for Properties. Properties are items that your bring in to fill a set. A real vase on the set is still a prop. A real gun, a real sofa, a real plate, these are all props.

suitable for the action on a movie set which includes point guns at people you do not want to destroy and pulling the trigger.
This is actually incorrect.

This article would probably do a better job at explaining typical movie set protocol than me atm.

I'm worn out having argued with dipchit antis on the internets for the last few days about this tragedy, and for all that is holy the level of ignorance is colossal.
I can expound on it later with what else I've learned about the inner workings of movie sets and firearm safety.

Here's the latest meme:
BaldwinTrump(2).jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR