JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't think there's bad info in this thread, but so many instances and so many articles to read it gets a bit confusing to keep facts straight.

I see a lot of folks on that set are starting to point fingers now. Baldwin has disappeared and likely moved in with his lawyer. Some poor schmuck is going to get the blame.

Not to entwine threads, but my wife brought up an interesting point. The lady cop who went for her taser and grabbed her gun and killed that young man a few months ago. Is she not as culpable as Baldwin in this situation? Good question!

Im still dumbfounded at how live ammunition was on the set. With numerous Hollywood types popping up online telling their stories of what is and is not supposed to go down on a movie set, one common statement is that there is a zero tolerance policy for real ammo on movie set.

Personally, in my opinion, I can't help but feel like someone intentionally put live ammo in the weapon or mixed up the munitions.

This part of the article speaks volumes:

The 24-year-old head armorer in charge of guns on Alec Baldwin film where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was tragically shot and killed on Thursday had admitted she wasn't sure she was ready for the job in an interview before filming started.

And this part is nearly incomprehensible:

She also admitted in the podcast interview she found loading blanks into a gun 'the scariest' thing because she did not know how to do it and had sought help from her father, legendary gunsmith Thell Reed, to get over the fear.

2) The lethal round had the bullet pulled and reseated. When fired the bullet lodged in the bore, and the blank that was next up in cylinder rotation propelled it out of the gun with enough force to go through Ms. Hutchins and injure Mr. Souza. Who'd a thunk it?
This makes no sense. "Pull a bullet and reseat it."? Am I going to check the powder weight, confirm it's proper, and then re-seat, load and fire? The bullet leaves the barrel same as before pulling and reseating. Even if a squib, bullet stuck somewhere in barrel, I don't believe a bullet colliding with a bullet in the barrel is going to get it moving to lethal velocity. To go through the body and injure someone behind.

BS meter pegged.

Not to entwine threads, but my wife brought up an interesting point. The lady cop who went for her taser and grabbed her gun and killed that young man a few months ago. Is she not as culpable as Baldwin in this situation? Good question!
Good point, of course she had seconds to make a life or death decision under stress. He, of course, had all the time needed to along with a staff to make sure no mistake was made. He was making a movie, she was protecting the public. He could go sit in his trailer if he was stressed, she had to go to another call.

Smart wife you have.

This makes no sense. "Pull a bullet and reseat it."? Am I going to check the powder weight, confirm it's proper, and then re-seat, load and fire? The bullet leaves the barrel same as before pulling and reseating. Even if a squib, bullet stuck somewhere in barrel, I don't believe a bullet colliding with a bullet in the barrel is going to get it moving to lethal velocity. To go through the body and injure someone behind.

BS meter pegged.
Because nowhere in any article or report states it was a squib Mike.

She also admitted in the podcast interview she found loading blanks into a gun 'the scariest' thing because she did not know how to do it and had sought help from her father, legendary gunsmith Thell Reed, to get over the fear.
Nd9GcRNAvtvrIOpXm17v1Y3vK2bIK6EXnEXlt9qpA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Because nowhere in any article or report states it was a squib Mike.
Once again, I believe there is confusion between this event and Brandon Lee's.

The comment by armorer, Thell Reed's daughter, about loading blanks makes me wonder if it's a cap an ball revolver instead of a cartridge revolver. We all know how "difficult" it isn't to place rounds, blank or live into a revolver's cylinder. There's no difference.
But it could be that she didn't know how to make blank cartridges, although I'd think they would be a purchased item.

Lots of questions. Lots of assumptions going on here, too.

Not to entwine threads, but my wife brought up an interesting point. The lady cop who went for her taser and grabbed her gun and killed that young man a few months ago. Is she not as culpable as Baldwin in this situation? Good question!/
I think both cases involved incompetence, although in the Baldwin case, Baldwin could have been directed to shoot toward the camera to get a muzzle view of the discharge on film. We don't know that for fact, though.
However it seems factual that were safety concerns on the set enough for the better trained union crew to walk off only to be replaced by a non-union crew.
No safety meetings, greenhorn prop master.....reads like a perfect storm.
Im still dumbfounded at how live ammunition was on the set. With numerous Hollywood types popping up online telling their stories of what is and is not supposed to go down on a movie set, one common statement is that there is a zero tolerance policy for real ammo on movie set./
This is the incompetence part and poor safety standards on the set.
Personally, in my opinion, I can't help but feel like someone intentionally put live ammo in the weapon or mixed up the munitions./
That's pretty evil.
I couldn't subscribe to that one.
It looks like incompetence to me.

That's pretty evil.
I couldn't subscribe to that one.
Yes it would be evil - very evil - and I do NOT necessarily subscribe to it either but it is not out of the realm of possibility given what seems like a certain amount of dissension among the crew - and it ain't like Baldwin is some sort of loved and respected person......

No safety meetings, greenhorn prop master.....reads like a perfect storm.
Although your statement seems to be coming true, the words "greenhorn" and "master" should generally not be used to reference a person, else bad things may happen. In a corporate system it should fall on who allowed this to happen as much as the person who was put into this position. Unfortunately it seldom does.
Agree...having worked for government:

"Never attribute to malevolence what is merely due to incompetence"
― Arthur C. Clarke, 3001: The Final Odyssey

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA