JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kokanee have very soft mouths. Make sure you put a rubber snubber on your line when trolling.
Don't set the hook, just pick up the pole and start reeling.
Great candidate for a smoker.

Thanks guys.. I bought a bunch of wedding rings, do you add night crawler parts? Or? And is a treble or single hook best? I bought both..

From what I've heard...White shoe peg corn, shrimp and/or krill oil will always be in the koke fishers arsenal. Kokanee are plankton and krill eaters from what I know.

Mike

Finding the correct trolling speed is a must. Most folks troll to fast. You want a nice lazy rotation to the flashers, not a high speed blur.
Troll North/South instead of East/West, that way the flashers are producing the maximum amount of color and light intensity as the day progresses.
The flasher is an attractant. Think like a fish. It's just another Kokanee that is feeding above the fish below.
When the Kokanee below sees the flasher giving off the same colors as a real Kokanee feeding, it will rise to the commotion and being opportunistic feeders, it will strike at the bait missed by what it thinks was another fish.
I firmly believe in consulting the Solunar Tables originally conceived by John Allen Knight.
It takes into account the gravity forces between the sun and the moon.
Most people think that's it's a bunch of hokum, but it's proved it's worth to me time after time.
If you study the Solunar tables, you will notice that not only will fish start feeding at the major bite times, birds will be also be on the wing feeding.
You can look online for it, or in the Field & Stream magazine every other month.

Last Edited:
If you get lucky and start catching some, keep hitting the same area at the same speed and direction.
Make sure you get the fish into a cooler with lots of ice, as they have real delicate flesh and are prone to bruising when warm.

Was a great fishing trip today Blitz. Windy and the first boat (three total) but found some protected areas that held some fish so we boated a 1/2 dozen out of a dozen or so bites!!!! Enjoyed the company too (net guy)...did I mention that Steve netted all the fish without a single miss? Outstanding!!!:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads