JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's really a good club. My only complaint is that they just banned steel cored ammo. As a Mosin Nagant owner, this is a problem. I complained to the Executive Board and gave logical arguments why this ban would accomplish nothing. They didn't have the courtesy to respond:mad:.

It's a great place to shoot, my understanding was that some jerk shot up some expensive steel plate targets on their pistol range with what looked like surplus 7.62 armor peircing ammo, thus the ban.

Yes, they showed me the plate. It had two different sized holes. I pointed out how almost any centerfire rifle could shoot through a pistol plate at 50 feet. So why pick on steel core ammo?

I also pointed out that if someone is willing to break range rules by destroying the equipment, banning steel cored ammo is hardly going to stop that. All they've accomplished is to punish the members who follow the rules.

I even likened their logic to the one used by the anti-gun lobby.
Anti-gun: "Get rid of guns and you'll get rid of gun related crimes."
Pro-gun: "Criminals don't obey the law. They'll still have guns. A ban only punishes the law abiding citizen."
Their logic is the same.

They also couldn't care less.:mad:

I joined ARPC a few years ago. They have been making improvements to the rifle and pistol ranges every year. We now have a 100 and 200 yd rifle range on the main range. Most of the pistol bays have metal three sided covers and concrete floors. The trap range seems to get a good amount of use, but I'm not shooting shotgun right now.

I shoot speed steel and bowling pins. Very relaxed level of competition. Reasonable price, with ability to work off some of the cost if you have the time.

What do you shoot for pins?

I went to a pin match and kind of sabotaged myself, I was faster than my oponents knocking the pins down, but since I had only brought low power target wadcutters I had a hard time getting them off the table with my .45 acp 1911 vs the big magnum revolvers.

Next time I'll bring full power ball ammo.

The .45 I use is 230 gr ball over 5.7 Universal OAL 1.25. The big magnum guys are so irritated with us .45 guys that the new rule is we can only load 6 in our mags. They also moved the tables back a few yards, but the 1.5" Baer doesn't mind. I can also bring three mags or more to the line and mag change speed is becoming part of the competition.

One of the good shooters brought his magnum revolver out a few months ago. He quickly went and got the 1911 after seeing how things were shaking down. That's not to say that a great revolver shooter will not be right there in the competition, especially if good with the speed loaders.

I have been a member for a few years and really enjoy it. I refer to it as cheap therapy. It has been at least a year since I shot bowling pins usually use 44mag, if you do your part you have one shot left over. By the way HOT 300gr rounds throw the pins about 6 feet off the table! I tried 45 but prefer 44.

Became a member last year. Since then I've moved and it's around a 1.5 hour drive for me now. I probably will not renew my membership but if it weren't for the distance, I would in a heartbeat. Very well maintained range. If they ever get the 600yd range built I wouldn't mind the long drive either!

A friend is going to show me a few places to hunt black-tail this year around the Corvallis area and towards the coast. I have not hunted yet in OR because of being new to the state, unfamiliar of the laws, and of the land. So I saw Albany Rifle and Pistol Club was having hunter sight in this past weekend and the next few to come. $ 5 dollars per gun. My friend had just bought a new Savage .308 and a new scope and had not had a chance to shoot it yet and wanted to get a few rounds in and sight the new scope in. I wanted to make sure my scope was still good and get a few rounds down range as practice. We showed up early morning and were treated as well as if we were members of the Club. We paid our $5 bucks and each of us were assigned to a bench with our own Club member to aid us and supply results with the use of a spotting scope. Both were unexpected for not being a member. WOW. They did not have Jim bob, or squirrel crazy Joe as our spotters. My person was a older gentleman who was a competitive long range shooter who knew everything there is to know on reloading, types of cartridges, types of calibers for any type of big game species in OR, and was truly there to help, not preach, and most importantly to supply any and all of his personal knowledge to each and every person who came to sight their rifle in. I was first a bit shocked since I have not been to a rifle sight in with a spotter and personal assistant since back in 1993 back in Minnesota....especially for $ 5 bucks. We talked about possible ways to sight my rifle in accordingly to the species I was planning on hunting, the type of terrain/length of shots that would be the most common, to a new bullet size and company that I was planning on using for this years OR deer season. Hunting deer for 22 years, I believed I knew as much as I needed for types of guns and calibers down to how to sight my rifle in. I was pleasantly surprised to learn new things which I truly believe will help my ability to be more accurate within a range of 50 yards to 200 yards using the settings we settled with. LOL, I actually felt weird because I almost began to have a man crush during this sight in....to the point that I am going to sign up with the club as a member.
My friend's new rifle was hardly ready to use. From the factory, it had just about every screw or bolt loose and the scope which was mounted by a "professional" at the store he purchased it from. His volunteer went through his rifle from front to back and also gave him a wealth of new knowledge. I think we were both speechless as we hopped into the car to go home. ABOVE and beyond service and what a great facility. No one there tried to pressure anyone into joining the club. I wish there were more gun businesses like this one who provide a great service and people who truly and accurately want to help you, the customer.
I don't give plugs very often on businesses but This place deserves one. Thank you ARPC.

4 corners rod and gun club has a similar hunter sight in program and I had the same experience there, for those of you in the Salem area. They have a running buck which is fun to shoot at and offer a 200 yrd shot as well.

Glad the ranges here offer that.

I have done the Hunter sight in says at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club (DRRC) for about as long as I can remember. My experience there has alwaysbeen identical to the OPs.
I can also vouch for the folks at Albany having competed there many times. Top notch folks all the way around.

ARPC is a great gun range although I try to stay clear of the rifle range during the hunter sight in days because of the heavy use. ARPC will be adding a couple longer range rifle ranges on the back side of the property in the near future as funds become available.

The enclosed North bays are great for handguns, .22 rifles and if you want you can shoot AR's but you only have about 50-75 foot distances for the AR's on the North bays. During the wet, windy or inclimate weather months, bring a propane heater and some coffee to get your wife to go to the gun range with you.

Membership is affordable and members can view the calender on the ARPC website to see when there are events going on to help plan when they might want to use the facilities.

Very nice facility and nice people. They just finished purchasing the land necessary to put in 1000-yard and 600-yard ranges, but still working on the funds for construction. They estimated 5-10 years.

I would rate ARPC a "5" if there were more weekend days without competitive events hogging up the various ranges 3 out of 4 weekends per month. I still manage to get my shooting fix almost whenever I want, but I have to really watch the event calendar to plan my range trips. Sometimes when I want to shoot rifles, I end up having to shoot handguns and vice versa.

Has anyone been harassed by the new range manager Brian Boesch at ARPC? I want to know. This guy is trying to get me kicked out of the range because I wasn't nice enough to him one day. He made up a bunch of new rules that are not in the official rule sheet and is trying to hang me on them.

I got a letter in the mail saying they were going to expel me for something I did not do. He is making a bunch of bubblegum up and giving it to the executive board.

If he or anyone else has harassed you please let me know. I am filing a formal complaint against him asking that he be terminated as the range manager. It is obvious that he is incapable of doing the job.

Thanks,

Tim

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top