JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please note that ColonelTim had no part in this, nor any factual knowledge:

2018 Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot
Canceled

It is with great sadness that the ARPC Executive Board has decided to permanently cancel the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot due to past safety concerns, noise complaints from our neighbors and the inability to obtain insurance. This is not a decision that was made easily or hastily, as the club has enjoyed hosting the event. It was popular, and also was financially beneficial to us. This is another sad testament to the times we live in. We cannot risk the long-term health and success of the club for one event, no matter how popular. Our current insurance provider and ARPC staff have spent many hours filling out forms, making phone calls and having face to face meetings with Insurance brokers. There were policies offered to ARPC but they did not cover items like spectators, vendors, firearms or lead. Other policies required us to switch all of our insurance over to another provider and those policies did not provide ARPC with the same coverage we currently require.
cancel the Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot due to past safety concerns, noise complaints from our neighbors and the inability to obtain insurance. This is not a decision that was made easily or hastily, as the club has enjoyed hosting the event. It was popular, and also was financially beneficial to us. This is another sad testament to the times we live in. We cannot risk the long-term health and success of the club for one event, no matter how popular. Our current insurance provider and ARPC staff have spent many hours filling out forms, making phone calls and having face to face meetings with Insurance brokers. There were policies offered to ARPC but they did not cover items like spectators, vendors, firearms or lead. Other policies required us to switch all of our insurance over to another provider and those policies did not provide ARPC with the same coverage we currently require.

Well I guess everyone will have to make the pilgrimage to Mecca.
" Big Sandy MG Shoot "
Where you can shoot what ever you want including HE Round's.
and the Range Nazi's and neighbors don't complain ;)

See you there the end of this month !!!!

ARPC hosted the event for many years and there will never be one like it again. If you missed it, you have no idea what great fun it has been. A thought for the future is with all the BS going on in our world about guns you never know when the ARPC gunshow will be canceled due to insurance not being available. You never know for sure now so one day the fun could be gone.o_O

"Please note that ColonelTim had no part in this, nor any factual knowledge:"

Before I post something I already know the answer. I DID have knowledge whether anyone chooses to admit to or not.

Interesting how it was all about insurance in the past but now it is about safety problems, noise complaints etc.

The point of this exercise is that if you are an ARPC member you had better choose some new leadership or this will not be the last event that is permanently canceled.

TS

Along somewhat similar lines, the Civil War event at Fort Stevens will not happen this year mostly due to state issues. I'm not in the loop but it looks like Stars & Bars and strange things going on with the participants, dances, revelry, weddings, church services, real education on what really went on etc are the most likely causes. A real economic hit to the area for no real reason.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top