JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They had a nice layout.
Organized, tidy and nice folks.
I didn't see any bargains. though.

Any suggestions on best time to day to avoid peak crowd saturation ?
My "first thing" arrival was a fail.
I've been going to that show for about 5 years now. This was one of the bigger crowds that I've seen. Lines were all the way out past the flag poles at 9 when doors opened, and didn't thin until after 9:30. I didn't stay past noon but it wasn't near as crowded inside then.

Saw the deal on G17 as well as a Benelli M4 that was a killer deal.
Ended up with 129 rounds of factory Winchester 38 special and a pocket holster for a 357 snubby for a total of $35!!

Great show, wish I could go back today for another run through.

IMG_1852.JPG

Just got home from the show! was there with my buddys from work and my friend Garrett with Yutzie Firearms out of Jefferson. they sold a lot of stuff at this show!

i must say, i was not disappointed. picked up a few mags, a can of ballistol and some other odds 'n ends. even for a sunday it was a good turn out!!

ha ha i was at Garretts booth for a little bit and was BSing with him about his "tactical 30-30" lever gun and his crazy looking AR type rifle. he bought the white and blue aero precision upper/lower/handguard kit and put a california type stock on it. i call it "the starwars gun" he had been talking about doing that for a long time. good to finally see a project come together!

If you guys need a good FFL in the albany/jefferson area i highly recommend Garrett Yutzie. hes a super laid back family man and ARPC member. just a good all around guy.

I ended up going Sunday morning. It was great. Crowd was light and everyone was in a great mood. Didn't see too many awesome deals. I did bring home another S&W for my collection. FB_IMG_1488740212063.jpg
Model 18-3 (circa 1975)

I was there at 9 am Saturday for some personal business and that went fine. They should ban cell phone use though, most of the traffic flow issues were caused by people just stopping where they were and playing with their phones. I really wanted to check out .357's and actually got to touch one but it wasn't what I wanted. Sounds like Sunday is the day to go if I wanted to get close to the guns. It's a good show but I picked the wrong time to go.

I was there at 9 am Saturday for some personal business and that went fine. They should ban cell phone use though, most of the traffic flow issues were caused by people just stopping where they were and playing with their phones. I really wanted to check out .357's and actually got to touch one but it wasn't what I wanted. Sounds like Sunday is the day to go if I wanted to get close to the guns. It's a good show but I picked the wrong time to go.
i know what you mean by the cell phones. i go to the food court our out by the restroom to use my phone out of courtesy to others who paid to be there to look at guns and not have people run into them while on their phones

Are the gun shows up here infested with crafts and jerky like they are down in Colorado ? I suspect its guys wives who are to blame for the majority of it but good lord sometimes I swear there where more beanie baby/hideous craft tables than gun tables.
This past weekend, there were two flea markets in the area where most of the crafts and beanie babies junk dealers went. One was the Linn Flea Market next building over, and the other was the monthly Polk County Flea Market. THe gunshow was decent, though full on Saturday, I didn't see a lot of things I wanted, but I did come away with some gear for my collection. (Whoever it was that sold me the 4 woodland Tactical Tailor pouches...they're for the 308 M1A/M14/M21 magazines....) Now I think I need a 308 magazine fed rifle to make full use of the TT pouches :cool::D

Yeah, the 2nd day is MUCH quieter.

It was similarly quiet on Sunday at the fall show, didn't go on Saturday to that one, so can't say if it was as busy day 1 or not...

I went both days this time, and will only go on day 2 looking forwards...unless someone has a Unicorn I'm looking at getting...

Glad I went back on Sunday. Learned quite a lot about the business by doing so...it's pretty harsh! Never want to get into it now, not even for an occasaional show after retirement...

They should ban cell phone use though, most of the traffic flow issues were caused by people just stopping where they were and playing with their phones.
Seems like that would be a doable thing, especially if cell phone reception is dependent on repeaters in that building.
Just make sure the BGC people are hooked up.

What did you learn, or tid-bits and advice? I'm in the process of getting my 06 ffl and plan on selling my ammunition at shows.

Oh just salesmanship, market fluctuations, business & such. NOT FOR ME!

This just from my wanting to sell an AR10 at -under current- market price to dealers. Some had interest, some had excellent advice, some would have been better served to respond with f@ck off than how they did.

Nothing any business minded person wouldn't be perfectly happy with doing. I'm not that person.

Once a hobby/something you enjoy becomes a business, it can very quickly become unenjoyable. Try and maintain a healthy balance of the 2, and you'll be happy.

-it's funny, because had the dealer who would have been better served telling me to f@ck off, actually spoken to me like a fellow enthusiast & with interest, he likely could have received thousands of dollars of my future business. Now it is extremely unlikely that I will step into his shop ever again (Gresham), or recommend his shop, or do any business with whatsoever.

Another local shop owner from Dallas (the first I stopped at) gave me a few tips & leads on selling that rifle. Now his shop I will likely spend thousands at in the future.

Oh just salesmanship, market fluctuations, business & such. NOT FOR ME!

This just from my wanting to sell an AR10 at -under current- market price to dealers. Some had interest, some had excellent advice, some would have been better served to respond with f@ck off than how they did.

Nothing any business minded person wouldn't be perfectly happy with doing. I'm not that person.

Once a hobby/something you enjoy becomes a business, it can very quickly become unenjoyable. Try and maintain a healthy balance of the 2, and you'll be happy.

-it's funny, because had the dealer who would have been better served telling me to f@ck off, actually spoken to me like a fellow enthusiast & with interest, he likely could have received thousands of dollars of my future business. Now it is extremely unlikely that I will step into his shop ever again (Gresham), or recommend his shop, or do any business with whatsoever.

Another local shop owner from Dallas (the first I stopped at) gave me a few tips & leads on selling that rifle. Now his shop I will likely spend thousands at in the future.
ya the guy from NW sporting goods in dallas is a good dude. hope thats who youre talking about. his prices during the 22lr and reloading supplies were understandable instead of completely astronomical like some of the other guys at the shows. i will be buying more stuff from him for sure.

ya the guy from NW sporting goods in dallas is a good dude. hope thats who youre talking about. his prices during the 22lr and reloading supplies were understandable instead of completely astronomical like some of the other guys at the shows. i will be buying more stuff from him for sure.

Yeah he's great, & doesn't just blow smoke up your wazoo to do a sale. Honest, and extremely helpful with tips & such.

He spent better than a good long while once trying to help me out work a problem I was having with one of my rifles. Solving the problem wouldn't help him make a sale, but makes a return customer & just shows his enthusiasm for all shooting sport

...as opposed to some dealers whom act like car sales people or realtors. Ick.

Yeah he's great, & doesn't just blow smoke up your wazoo to do a sale. Honest, and extremely helpful with tips & such.

He spent better than a good long while once trying to help me out work a problem I was having with one of my rifles. Solving the problem wouldn't help him make a sale, but makes a return customer & just shows his enthusiasm for all shooting sport

...as opposed to some dealers whom act like car sales people or realtors. Ick.
ya there's a reason there is a high turn over for car salesmen. especially at my work. i work in service and it seems like there are new faces all the time on the sales side

Seems like that would be a doable thing, especially if cell phone reception is dependent on repeaters in that building.
Just make sure the BGC people are hooked up.
Its actually illegal to block cellular traffic :) and most buildings and places do not have repeaters in them, I know for a fact that the Samaritan hospitals do, and its evident when your 30 feet underground with 5 stories of concrete above you and you have perfect reception on ATT.. that being said.. The fairgrounds do not run any repeaters.. There are some towers roughly near by.. about 1 - 2 miles which is close enough for most things..

One thing I have learned from working at the polk county fairgrounds for fair and other events, its incredibly useful to have a half decent internet connection and then enough WAP's to actually service the vendors at the shows.. It would be well worth the cost in my mind.

on the show note side.. They had a flee market going at the same time and it was packed.. The parking lot was full front to back and all the way to the end of the gravel, They did have some good selection there.. I kept stopping by the two booths that had damascus steel knifes.. I was a little disappointed when I saw almost identical markings on the blades and just how they were created and one of the gentlemen informed me he buys his knifes from a guy back east..

NO. Here's a copy of the rules: https://www.arpc.info/docs/gunshow/GunShow_Rules_and_Information.pdf
4. To prevent accidental discharge NO loaded firearms are allowed in the gun show, including persons with concealed handgun permit. Except armed security provided by show management or law enforcement officers.
5. All firearms must have magazines removed and actions tied open - rendering them inoperable. Ties with different colors will be supplied by the show indicating which guns belong to vendors, walk-ins, or have been sold. This is necessary to help prevent gun thefts.
6. Loose cartridges are not allowed near firearms. Any dummy rounds must have primers removed and holes drilled through the side.

Only kinda related, but worth repeating here...

A youngster I know went to MEPS (to sign a military enlistment contract) last month and was barred from the building for 72 hours.

His offense was emptying his pockets into a tub for the metal detector at the entrance, where they discovered an inert .357 mag round (empty with no primer) on his key ring.

Got it back a few days later, all signed up, headed for boot camp next week.

This is not to sidetrack the thread but to remind that harmless/innocuous firearm related trinkets we don't even think about in our daily lives can take on unintended meanings in various places, depending on the beholder(s).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top