Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Albany FFL in jail for knowlingly selling to prohibited person

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PiratePast40, Dec 1, 2015.

1. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

2. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee SE Portland Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sounds like another Gold Medalist in the Stupid Games!!

Brutus57 likes this.
  3. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I believe it is a great example of enforcing the laws that already exist

4. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

Good job APD!

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think Methamphetamine was driving that bus to the Greybar Hotel.

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That Albany! A hotbed of sin and corruption!:D

Glad the APD took this criminal off the street, if the allegations prove true! And, if true, his actions were a threat to us all. Throw away the key!

PiratePast40 likes this.
  7. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

8. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Nambu I agree People like this make the whole community look bad.

9. lykke

lykke Albany Area Active Member

He is a member here, I did a transaction with him before the background check law came into effect and I met him after hours at his shop and bought a Sig 229 from him. I knew eventually something like this would happen so I'm not surprised.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  10. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was wondering about that. If it's who I think it is, I had contact with him (an Albany member with a similar name to his) a while back. He wanted to buy something of mine, but we couldn't work anything out. Now I'm glad we didn't.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  11. lykke

lykke Albany Area Active Member

I don't know what the decorum is for posting his username, but yeah the whole deal was weird and I have been trading firearms for awhile, not surprised with how he was acting and it takes quite a bit to sketch me out. There is more to the investigation I would bet and I would imagine this is just the beginning of what comes out.

The firearms community is awesome and tends to police our own, this is an unfortunate event and black eye but addiction is a terrible thing (sold me the pistol to fund playing poker.) and I hope he gets the help he needs.

12. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I sold him a rifle at the Albany gun show close to a year ago. This pisses me off a lot, I don't want my name to be associated with this kind of crap in any way shape or form. This piece of craps actions can and will be used by the liberal media and Bloomberger's to discredit legitimate FFL's and customers of his business and knowing that I did business with him makes me feel very exposed and I really don't like that feeling, especially in this political climate that we live in. I hope they bury the F--K if he's guilty !!!

13. fxdc

BATF is gonna have a fire sale.... at his store. LOL

14. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

"Morales was lodged in the Linn County Jail on charges that include manufacture, importation or sale of firearms, improperly transferring a firearm, unlawful possession of firearms silencer, and unlawful possession of methamphetamine."

None of these "crimes" had any victims...

In a free country, none of these would be crimes.

The whole idea of "prohibited persons" is a form of gun control. We should be careful not to support gun control...

15. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No victims you say.
    How about the meth heads that break into your house and steal your firearms to support their habit.
    They then sell your guns to the meth addicted gun dealer.
    Tell me more about no victims.

16. fxdc

Damm Right

RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

17. 9c1ny

9c1ny Eugene Active Member

Bought a gun through his FFL last spring, we talked for awhile while we waited on the background about issues in Oregon , he seemed to be a goood guy and share a hatred for tweakers, he even called the background investigators on the phone and shot the bubblegum with them like they were buddies of his, I'm begining to think EVERYONE in Oregon is a tweaker.

18. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

"How about the meth heads that break into your house and steal your firearms"

Then the crime is theft and burglary, not being a meth head. I don't care if people who steal my stuff are doped up or stone cold sober. It's the theft that is wrong.

Come on folks, think about this. You are supporting GUN CONTROL. That's another victimless crime. This mentality is exactly what government uses to trample rights.

There is nothing inherently wrong with manufacturing guns. There is nothing inherently wrong with importing them or selling them. Same with all the rest. It's all "mala prohibita". In a police state, people go to jail for this stuff. Not in a free country.

"[Administration] covers the surface of society with a network of small complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting; such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to be nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which government is the shepherd."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville, "Democracy in America" (circa 1830)

Lilhigbee likes this.