JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Grizzly bear stopped with a Glock 20 eh? This is like saying the sky is blue or water is wet.

:cool:

A Grizzly bear stopped with a Glock 20 eh? This is like saying the sky is blue or water is wet.

:cool:

They call me Capt....

download (9).jpg

Sounds like nice shot placement. Weird that it's over a year ago when it happened.

I remember when I used to live near Elmendorf when my dad was stationed there. Moose would wander into subdivisions relatively regularly. Luckily no bears came in after 'em (that I ever saw).

I did my winter survival training there, there were all kinds of Bears, Moose, and Elk around base, especially the southern end where the swamp is!
Really beautiful area. We were warned to watch for the Bears, they liked to come round the refuse areas, and had no fear of men in pickups!

Sounds like nice shot placement. Weird that it's over a year ago when it happened.

I remember when I used to live near Elmendorf when my dad was stationed there. Moose would wander into subdivisions relatively regularly. Luckily no bears came in after 'em (that I ever saw).

An Airman at Elmendorf tried to trap a moose that was lose in the neighborhood by closing his garage door when it went into his garage. It broke lots of stuff.

Speaking of '22' rifle shots, mentioned above, and the true story about the Alaskan lady who got the bear... where is the man called Surveillance or Survival or ? who used to post about that story? He grew up in Russia if my memory serves me right.

I read that story about the Alaskan lady who shot that bear many, many years ago before I joined this forum.

I always enjoyed people who posted about her online too.

Cate

It certainly highlights the importance of shot placement. Those HSM 10mm bear loads are not loaded particularly hot and they use a rnfp bullet but they can obviously get the job done. My preference is a 200gr hard cast bullet with a wider meplat driven to 1200 fps plus.

It certainly highlights the importance of shot placement. Those HSM 10mm bear loads are not loaded particularly hot and they use a rnfp bullet but they can obviously get the job done. My preference is a 200gr hard cast bullet with a wider meplat driven to 1200 fps plus.
Would a hot 45 do the same...assuming the same shot plaement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top