JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With a few stops on the way.

Howdy. Recently unemployed by choice, Sold my business in Bend, OR, Selling my house and looking at some rural homesteads in Eastern Washington.
I'm and Aircraft and Automotive mechanic, been shooting since about 1982.
Left Alaska in 2012, Lived in Hawaii until 2015 and Central Oregon since then.

I'm hoping to spend a bit more time building, practicing and shooting guns as it has always been a hobby of mine.

Recently got my first suppressor, a .22 version. .22 suppressed is a heck of alot of fun, I liked it so much that I built a poly 4.5" AR22 specifically for it.

I would really like to get involved in some steel matches, I will be looking around Spokane area to see whats available.

Anyways, thats my intro. Cheers!

0929201945.jpg

Welcome to the club. I moved down from Alaska in 2018. Big eye opener on 2A support here vs there that's for sure. If I knew then what I know now, and was looking in the Spokane area, I'd head a little farther East and move to Idaho instead. That pretty AR you have pictured above will probably be outlawed by Inslee soon.

Great having you here. I'm really liking how this feature is causing everyone to engage.

Hope to see you at a Trash No Land cleanup sometime.

If I knew then what I know now, and was looking in the Spokane area, I'd head a little farther East and move to Idaho instead...
Unfortunately location in relation to friends and family is bringing us there. Maybe not so shockingly, Idaho prices are even higher than WA right now. We will be about 50 miles southwest of spokane, so far away from the city.

Aside from Ammo, I don't forsee the need to purchase any more gun stuff, and Idaho is a short drive.
Hopefully Inslee won't be able to make ownership a felony.

Closed on our Washington home a few weeks ago, getting settled in.
Behind out property is a section (About 640 acres) that is in CRP for the next 4 years.
I have permission from the owner (who I purchased our house from) to do whatever I want, short of burning it down or digging a bunch of stuff.

I went out today and set up a 50yd shooting range to sight in an optic on my 22/45. That was on my property, but it's backed up by a couple hundred yards of vacant land before a hill blocks line of sight. I think I'll be able to set a short range pistol range on my property and a couple targets out to 2 or 300 yards in the CRP.

Pretty cool being able to shoot 100yrds walk from your front door. Future plans include a concrete pad, shooting bench, and structure of some sort to provide shade and shelter. This area happens to be behind a row of pine trees so it's not visible from the house, so it won't be an eyesore.

I also met my neighbor across the road (about 1/4 mile away) and he has 3000 acres and a range in his back yard with steel out to 800yrds.

Kbeefy
Sounds like you have a great setup and some great neighbors. I was in Hawaii too, loved it and have some great friends we visit every year. We were headed to Alaska and my son was born early so they moved us to Fort Lewis near Tacoma, landed back in Oregon after the army. Enjoy WA and the new place!

Howdy. Recently unemployed by choice, Sold my business in Bend, OR, Selling my house and looking at some rural homesteads in Eastern Washington.

I'm hoping to spend a bit more time building, practicing and shooting guns as it has always been a hobby of mine.

Recently got my first suppressor, a .22 version. .22 suppressed is a heck of alot of fun, I liked it so much that I built a poly 4.5" AR22 specifically for it.

I would really like to get involved in some steel matches, I will be looking around Spokane area to see whats available.

View attachment 867573
Fellow Bendite! Totally get leaving Bend. Sad to see what's happened to our town over the past decade. I'm already only a half-year resident now, likely gonna pull the trigger on getting out completely sooner than I thought I would. Not an easy decision. Such an achingly beautiful place. The last straw for me was last summer when our new police chief and former Portland Asst. Chief (emphasis on ASSt) Krantz not only REFUSED to provide service at the big immigration protest at the Marriott but later COMMENDED the protesters. Did I mention this was his FIRST DAY ON THE JOB????

That said, wish you the best of course... but moving from OR to WA seems like trading a punch in the groin for a kick in the stomach!

Welcome to the forum!

View attachment 867573
If you are moving to the Spokane area, bring money - lots of it. Housing prices have more than doubled in the past three years. A broken-down tiny house in a bad neighborhood will set you back $300K.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top