JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anchorage is nice and they have a nice muni range on the south side of town (I was born/raised in Anchorage). Lots of good folks. Bought my first gun at AK Tactical off of Muldoon Rd.

Fishing around there is referred to as combat fishing. You can use your imagination what that means. Shoulder to shoulder. You have to get up north or off the beaten path to get some space.

Not a bad place to live. I spent three years north of there as a fishing guide. Always carry your gun. Even in town. Seems like every time I forgot mine, I ran into furry friends. Lastly, worry more about the moose than the bears. Moose are gigantic pains in the A$$...

Lived in Alaska for 25 years. Hunted and fished all over the place. Yes it is not to hard to get away from the "combat" fishing areas. Just have to be willing to do a little hiking.

If there is a road to it, (and few roads) then it is crowded.

Ask any questions you may have. I loved it up there... for 4 months of the year.
Hated it for 4 months of the year.

The other 4 could be good or bad.

Mooses tooth pub and pizza best pizza and fantastic beer!!!

That's unfortunate to hear - I always had the impression it was wide open - based only on fishing/outdoor shows I have seen over the years.

I lived in Kenai, and that was the definition of "Combat Fishing," but that was usually only near the roads/bridges or the mouth of the river or stream. If you are willing to hike a little ways you will find that image that you dream of as Alaskan fishing. Also, there are a lot of little creaks and streams that most people don't know about that have huge trout and modest runs of silver and red salmon. The tourists were always just interested in the Kings, and missed out on a lot of fun. I think silvers are the best, eating and catching. One thing about Alaska, though, bring some heavy duty bug dope. There is absolutely no place on earth with more mosquitoes!

Lived in Alaska for 25 years. Hunted and fished all over the place. Yes it is not to hard to get away from the "combat" fishing areas. Just have to be willing to do a little hiking.

If there is a road to it, (and few roads) then it is crowded.

Ask any questions you may have. I loved it up there... for 4 months of the year.
Hated it for 4 months of the year.

The other 4 could be good or bad.

Mooses tooth pub and pizza best pizza and fantastic beer!!!

Is "Mafia Mikes" pizza still open?

Bam, bam, bam!!!

He was the Tom Peterson, "The happy place to buy", guy of Alaskan pizza. An institution of local late night pre-cable TV commercial Alaskan history! Came on all night during Friday Night Videos, and WWF Saturday Nights Main Event! Ah, to be young again. Oh, to go back to those annoying Mafia Mike days of yesteryear. Sad thing is I lived in Fairbanks. We didn't even have a Mafia Mikes. Closest thing we had was Pizza Pub, or Shakey's.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top