JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep trying to convince my wife that we should move to Alaska. She would have a hard time with the winters. Not so much because of the cold, but for the lack of sunshine.

I'm gonna miss her...

Won't happen in Oregon as you well know but nice to think about. Good for Alaska though. Curious though if some new federal laws were to be put in place and a state refused to let anyone enforce them and the fed.gov said then we are cutting off such and such funds what would a poorer state do? Seems like that would be the only way the fed.gov could force compliance ... financial coercion.

Won't happen in Oregon as you well know but nice to think about. Good for Alaska though. Curious though if some new federal laws were to be put in place and a state refused to let anyone enforce them and the fed.gov said then we are cutting off such and such funds what would a poorer state do? Seems like that would be the only way the fed.gov could force compliance ... financial coercion.

Yep, highway bill, farm bill, medicare extortion, milsurp "assistance", the list goes on. The mafia government at work.

Anchorage & the Alaska panhandle have milder winters than the Midwest. It's the 9 + months of constant clouds that usually bother people living in the PNW. I'd rather have more sun even if it's colder.

Anchorage & the Alaska panhandle have milder winters than the Midwest. It's the 9 + months of constant clouds that usually bother people living in the PNW. I'd rather have more sun even if it's colder.

And that's strange because really I can handle the dark and even the rain. What I hate is snow, not even cold so much cause there's always a wood stove to warm yer bones, just hate snow and ice. My gal needs lots of vitamin D and my sunny spirit and humor to handle our WA winters

It will if HB3006 gets passed. :s0155:
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Measures/Overview/HB3006

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews