JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last night I watched Alaska, The Final Frontier (or something) on the Discovery channel.
These two yahoos, father and son, expended thirty or so shots with rested and scoped bolt action 30-06's at black bears over the course of a couple of weeks or so. The old feller wounded one and couldn't find it.
You gotta be kidding me. You are doing it wrong.

You'd think it'd be more dramatic to anchor a bear with one shot.. "look, a dead bear, praise lordy, now let's dramatize cutting it up and distributing it to our kin".
still can't shoot

To give credit though, at least the old man didn't blame his rifle on some of the 500 yard shots he was taking.. he set up a soda can at 25 yards and almost centered it from a rest.
oh, almost forgot.. lol

Dad WAS right as usual. Getting older sucks. I more or less gave up hunting too. At least alone. I go out now and then with my 77 yr old father in law, presumably to look out for him. I think thats really funny. Now we need 4 more guys to come pack us out if something were to go awry.

He could sure hump up that mountain though.. the kid (I dunno, 30?) learned well from his elders.. ankle deep in brass and all.
If they had had semi-automatics, nevermind.

The Kilcher's are actually fairly well known in AK for their chosen lifestyle. The singer Jewel is Atz Kilcher's daughter. I respect their lifestyle, but the show is too over-dramatized for me.

You have to remember that all these "reality" shows are totally hyped up with added drama to increase viewership. Any of the shows like, Ax Men, Deadliest Catch, Alaska State Troopers, etc. its all for show guys.....

Just open a beer, get your popcorn and enjoy it for what it is, a cheesy TV show, not real life.

I always wondered where their money came from. I still dont know but Otto and Atz both have decent net worths. Plenty to buy all the 06 shells, gas, and diesel they want. I watch the gun portions of the shows carefully and in one episode they mentioned having a .284. Someone must be reloading. .284 Win isnt easy to find here, cant imagine its a fave up there.

I always wondered where their money came from. I still dont know but Otto and Atz both have decent net worths. Plenty to buy all the 06 shells, gas, and diesel they want. I watch the gun portions of the shows carefully and in one episode they mentioned having a .284. Someone must be reloading. .284 Win isnt easy to find here, cant imagine its a fave up there.

Pretty sure retailers ship to Alaska too. I would suspect 60 years of farming would yield a decent net worth too.

There are a lot of Alaskans that live ' off the grid". I had family in Alaska that lived this way for 20 years. They hunted, fished and traded so expenses are pretty low. Fuel and ammo, a few groceries are about the only thing you need to run to town for. So, if you have a nest egg of some sort, it can go a long way. Plus, because they had been up there so long, all my family received dividend checks from the oil industry so that added to the savings.

Pretty sure retailers ship to Alaska too. I would suspect 60 years of farming would yield a decent net worth too.
And some would suspect the recent glam to have come with/from the Jewel.. what with normal familial visits and the norm of hangers-on/marketers etc. accompanying same.. not that there's anything wrong with that.. it makes simple sense

They certainly get by and do have my respect but I was just saying perhaps their hands should get sledged? There's apparently not a law against machinegunning big game but perhaps shoot a bit better. And if it's for "drama", double dick-slap.. "we"/(they) are showing/showcasing cavalier pokage. fail political

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top