JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From news reports,
Suspect was stopped, suspect fled the scene at high speed, suspect fired shots at trailing Law Enforcement. Suspect left his car thru the passenger side wearing a ski mask.
My question is this, he was shot at 90+ times, 60 rds hit the fleeing suspects body,
1). Was it faulty ammo?
2). Was it all the ammo they had?
Just trying to buy the correct self defense ammo due to this non stopping power.
Is this the new "Dirtbag lotto" where parents raise a dud and are rewarded in million dollar lawsuit's against law enforcement?

It 'appears' that the perp fired at least one shot at the PD during the chase. If so, it also 'appears' that he may have tossed the gun. I do not believe that responding officers knew that.

Still, 'pistolcraft' as espoused by the venerable Col. Jeff Cooper was non-existent. Apparently, sending random rounds downrange is the new method of expressing one's disagreement. Do we now have police drive-bys?

Speaking from experience when shooting at someone...
As in actual live people , it is vastly different than when shooting at paper.

In real life you rarely get that classic frontal shot...with the kill zone clearly marked...you will have to take the shot that you have at that moment.
Also you will have to take that shot while under stress and maybe even after some strenuous activity....neither of which is helpful for accuracy.

Also worth considering is that the person being shot at , may want to live as much as you do...
The willingness to survive , can do wonders to pain tolerance and or even noticing that one has been shot.
Andy

When the police shot him he crumpled. There isn't anything in the story which showed that the first few hits were ineffective, only that the police kept firing.

His biggest problem was 1. he fired his gun out the window 2. he ran 3. he was being chased by a pack of rabid dogs.(with Badges with little Consequences) Who's to say when he stopped and turned he wasn't giving up and they just opened up on him. Yes I know shoot and ask questions later.

Absolutely tragic. If the young man had simply cooperated with the police, he probably would have only been cited for a traffic violation.

Instead, he chose to engage with the police violently.

Why was he wearing a ski mask? It doesn't seem that he could have concealed his identity, even if he had escaped. Unless the car he was driving wasn't his?

Criminals get confused too. Hey, they told me I could take whatever I want and do whatever I want. These fool cops want to play police now. Which is it?

I know, I'll shoot at them to start the clock and we'll take time and figure it out together.

90+ shots fired with approx. 60 hitting the perp. Sounds to me like some Saturday mandatory weapons training is in order! With todays ammo prices there is no excuse for 30 something rounds of ammo to not be put where it should have been! 🙄

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads