JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't necessarily stop when they hit the ground, I know for fact I can shoot just fine from down there. I figure if I'm at the point of dispensing lead only immediate compliance and cease of threat's action is where I'll stop and, as @po18guy mentions above (#30), even then a spare or two is/are likely.

Also, "double taps" are overrated BS in the first place and nothing more than solidifying a training scar.
Can they also shoot when 1) down and 2) mortally wounded? Yes.

"When the police shot him he crumpled. There isn't anything in the story which showed that the first few hits were ineffective, only that the police kept firing."

They wuz just havin' too much fun!

His biggest problem was 1. he fired his gun out the window 2. he ran 3. he was being chased by a pack of rabid dogs.(with Badges with little Consequences) Who's to say when he stopped and turned he wasn't giving up and they just opened up on him. Yes I know shoot and ask questions later.
Well, I guess he shouldn't have fled, and should have surrendered before shooting at the police.
if deadly force is justified, the means or the manner of the deadly force response, is justified.
Your justification of the suspects actions are irrelevant. He shot at the police. If it was subjectively reasonable to believe he posed a risk of serious injury or death to the officers, based on the information available to them at that momment, then killing him was justified, wether they shot him once and killed him or weather they shot at him 90 times and killed him.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top