JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been having plans to get an AK eventually... Now I'm at the point where I gotta sell the SKS to fund one. Mom likes the AK and I figure I might as well get one to bring her to the range with and have something cheap to shoot. Need to get more people into the hobby if I can!

Mom is afraid of guns for the most part but likes the AK... She won't touch an AR but she'll pick up an AK at a gun shop or gun show just fine. o_O

Been having plans to get an AK eventually... Now I'm at the point where I gotta sell the SKS to fund one. Mom likes the AK and I figure I might as well get one to bring her to the range with and have something cheap to shoot. Need to get more people into the hobby if I can!

Mom is afraid of guns for the most part but likes the AK... She won't touch an AR but she'll pick up an AK at a gun shop or gun show just fine. o_O
Tell her I said she is the coolest person for the whole week! I suggest you have her try the 47&74 versions. Then let her decide. Count it as a win for you. If she wants the 74 variant and is willing to shoot it, concede and get a 74 variant. If she chooses the 47 variant it's happy dance time.:p

Tell her I said she is the coolest person for the whole week! I suggest you have her try the 47&74 versions. Then let her decide. Count it as a win for you. If she wants the 74 variant and is willing to shoot it, concede and get a 74 variant. If she chooses the 47 variant it's happy dance time.:p

Only AKs available in anything but 7.62x39 locally are a CAI Tantal (with questionable bore diameter) and a WASR-3, and I'm not going to use an adapter to use AR mags. But in her words, the 47 magazines look cooler.

I don't have a problem with someone liking , owning or using a AK47 or copy thereof... Just not for me.

Being shot at by one a few times , has made them lose their appeal , at least for me....:eek::D
Also so much of the Army's ( at that time ) "bad guy" posters , targets etc... were all armed with AK47's
'Course some of the Panama Defense Forces were armed with M1 Rifles .. that was kinda weird hearing fire from those coming in my direction...:eek:

So maybe I am being selective in my likes and dislikes , 'cause I still like M1 rifles...:D
Andy
Andy I'll bet it would make beaucoup difference to you IF the AK was loaded from the barrel and it only made one <POP> atta time!

Bobo, IF you trade.sell/etc the SKS you will regret it, and for a long time.. Just keep it and come by the funds thru some other means, just sayin, kamerad! It's easier and probably cheaper in most cases to get an AK than it is to obtain another SKS, the way the market is...

FWIW- back in the days of freedom before our anti-Constitutional foes infringed upon our right to keep and bear arms, I shoulda/woulda/coulda/wish Ida got an AK in .223 with a STACK of mags--- course things were wide-open and free back then, before the Plague and the Dark Days came upon us... There would be none of this "5.45? Oh, I dunno, mebbe about $3000 a case, if you can find it"...

Bobo, IF you trade.sell/etc the SKS you will regret it, and for a long time.. Just keep it and come by the funds thru some other means, just sayin, kamerad! It's easier and probably cheaper in most cases to get an AK than it is to obtain another SKS, the way the market is...
While I do like the SKS, I won't regret the decision if it gets a close relative into the hobby. I do have a list of what I am willing, and not willing, to part with. The FAL, AUG, and Mauser are on the list of not willing to part with. The SKS and 1911 are on the "depends" list.

Lmao out of all guns to be not afraid of... the ak.
But,
Sell the sks?:confused:

Start a go fund me," i need money to keep a family member in home" im sure youd get a few bucks:rolleyes:

Lmao out of all guns to be not afraid of... the ak.
But,
Sell the sks?:confused:

Start a go fund me," i need money to keep a family member in home" im sure youd get a few bucks:rolleyes:
Not much room, not much cash. Not on the "not willing to give up" list. May get one later, only then I'll be looking for a Russian one instead of a Yugo.

At that point, might as well arm the clown arm... Err, disregard that. There is no clown army or clown aliens.
And the Insane Clown Posse, It and Killer Klowns From Outer Space are just hysterical anti-clown prejudice, right? :p

In all seriousness, large-scale no. But you're an established member here and I'd expect "Helping A Bro Out" would carry some weight in this community... :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top