JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then again, given that some of the other tenants can be a bit disreputable I can understand wanting to protect his investment and not wanting me punching holes in the furniture to mount things... other than that, it could be worse--on the bright side, one of the receptionists has her CCW and is looking to learn the ropes of better personal-defense technique, so occasionally at slow times I haul the books down to the front office and we study together, though for me it's more "maintenance/refresher."
Any room for a heavy table?

I don't live in an apartment. Diamondback does. I'm just saying that the landlord is dumb for not allowing tools.

It is not about owning tools, it is about bolting something to their property.

Take your vise and bolt it to a 4x10 or a couple of 2x10 blocks, then put it in a portable vise stand such as this https://www.amazon.com/Portamate-PM-7060-Megavise-Portable-Stand/dp/B00596VY50 when the project take the vise out of the stand and fold it up out of the way. It is a little harder to the with a press, a break and a welder.

@titsonritz Hell, that would probably do as a vise all by itself! Just a matter of figuring out where to store the thing and how to manhandle it around... but if it can't handle the 40# torque on an AR barrel nut I dunno what can. LOL

@Boboclown Barely enough room for the furniture that's already here... and now you guys know why I work from bed too. lol

Good ideas, guys... I'm starting to think about a bastardized Krink--pistolized AKSU, up-chambered to 7.62x39, if I can find a suitable front-half might be one to consider. Then there's the decision about going full-on Commie Spec or adding personal twists like how the Gremlin evolved from the Mk 18...

Good ideas, guys... I'm starting to think about a bastardized Krink--pistolized AKSU, up-chambered to 7.62x39, if I can find a suitable front-half might be one to consider. Then there's the decision about going full-on Commie Spec or adding personal twists like how the Gremlin evolved from the Mk 18...
now your thinking. :rolleyes:
You know what? We kinda took over this thread. OP is going to be like what the heck?

Didn't take over, just twisted it--there's a stigma, all right, one of telling the enemy "your best weapons are now our TOYS... YOU LOSE! And by the way, anything you can make we can make BETTER in our basements, garages and home workshops." :D

So I went to a range in the PNW and they had targets based at various yards. I zeroed in the red dot at 50 and for a WASR it was just shy of bullseye by approximately a half inch or so. I just found out I'm cross eye dominant so trying to figure out the best way to shoot.
I think (absolutely no expert here) the problem with the AK-47 is the misunderstanding of the 7.62x39 ballistics. Depending on your distance the mechanics change; it's a heavy round.

What think you?

So I went to a range in the PNW and they had targets based at various yards. I zeroed in the red dot at 50 and for a WASR it was just shy of bullseye by approximately a half inch or so. I just found out I'm cross eye dominant so trying to figure out the best way to shoot.
I think (absolutely no expert here) the problem with the AK-47 is the misunderstanding of the 7.62x39 ballistics. Depending on your distance the mechanics change; it's a heavy round.

What think you?
The mechanics are the same. It gets confusing for most people because it is designed and based off the metric system. We're all use to standard. I tell you to use the iron sights and hit a target at 350 yards away what is the setting of the rear sight?

I love my Ak's. prefer a good ole throw away Chicom over most. Over built to last. people who dont like certain firearms because of a political war, were clearly raised on propaganda.

What think you?

Consider shooting from your other shoulder - if right handed and left eyed then shoot from the left shoulder. Useful with optics, nearly essential with irons. It will feel "funny" for a couple of magazines worth, then more natural as you have success doing it.

Being left handed , but right eye dominant , it was worthwhile to learn to shoot rifles and shotguns right handed.
Easier to see the sights and operate the controls.
(At least for me )
As stated by 308Tom above it can "feel funny" or awkward at first , but your shooting may improve.
Andy

bigotry on Russian guns, OP you know why....... the Russian's are coming and they made the queen of the cartel loose the election ... :rolleyes: so the cold war needed to be re established.

and they call us bigots

Although it's a different battlefield today, during my tour of service it was OFFICIAL doctrine NOT to use enemy weapons (regularly) because of the distinctive sound they made and getting mistaken for the enemy... fratricide... anathema to any soldier.

I don't have a problem with someone liking , owning or using a AK47 or copy thereof... Just not for me.

Being shot at by one a few times , has made them lose their appeal , at least for me....:eek::D
Also so much of the Army's ( at that time ) "bad guy" posters , targets etc... were all armed with AK47's
'Course some of the Panama Defense Forces were armed with M1 Rifles .. that was kinda weird hearing fire from those coming in my direction...:eek:

So maybe I am being selective in my likes and dislikes , 'cause I still like M1 rifles...:D
Andy

Last Edited:
Being hit twice by 7.62x39 and had my rear end grazed once (out ran that one), I have as much right to be anti AK as anyone. If I am in an environment where I don't have to worry about dirt, mud, sand and have access to cleaning materials, I'll take the AR. If I'm in an environment where dirt, mud, sand are a part of life and a chamber brush is nonexistant, I'll take a AK. I'll take a SKS over both of them.

Last Edited:
Being hit twice by 7.62x39 and had my rear end grazed once (out ran that one), I have as much right to be anti AK as anyone. If I am in a environment where I don't have to worry about dirt, mud, sand and have access to cleaning materials, I'll take the AR. If I'm in an environment where dirt, mud, sand are a part of life and a chamber brush is nonexistant, I'll take an AK. I'll take an SKS over both of them.
My friend Dan was shot by an AK in Somalia when our Marines were there. He feels the same way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top