JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally i do look down on commie guns compared to american guns. I dont look down on the people who own them however. (i have an ak and an svt and am looking to pick up a mosin and sks)

Its kind like ideas are different then people, criticizing an idea is different then criticizing a person vice versa
Samething with guns. If you look downon someone just for owning a certain gun, that reveals your own shortcommings as an individual.

That being said, if you dont like 1911's your inhuman in my book:D:p

Personally i do look down on commie guns compared to american guns. I dont look down on the people who own them however. (i have an ak and an svt and am looking to pick up a mosin and sks)

Its kind like ideas are different then people, criticizing an idea is different then criticizing a person vice versa
Samething with guns. If you look downon someone just for owning a certain gun, that reveals your own shortcommings as an individual.

That being said, if you dont like 1911's your inhuman in my book:D:p
Right, and some people drive fart cars and some drive Chevy's.

Right. Hi-Points are crap, but that doesn't make Hi-Point owners crap--so what we need to do is ensure they develop safe habits, and show them how to find deals so they can upgrade to better as soon as they can afford it. You know, that "mentorship" stuff people are always talking about? :)

Isn't Magpul doing AK mags now too? lol

Yes, and they are allrite actually.

Decent value are Tapco's. Recently picked up a few flat sides at $6ea. Similar to Magpuls, in that they count as 3 US made parts (if one was concerned about that sort of thing). 1/2ish the price of magpuls, and function equally as well for the ones we've tried.

Easier to handle in pouches being flat sided.

Are the Tapcos operator worthy? No. We're not operators, and have zero illusions of such.

They hold bullets, like they're supposed to, and the bullets go "bang" when in the well, chambered, pointed down range, on target and the trigger is squeezed. ;)

First of all, I do not own an AKM, and probably never will. I did build an AK from parts several years ago. It did work, but I don't have good enough eyes to shoot those tiny little sights, so after I played with it for a while, I sold it. I don't have anything against AK style firearms other than I don't care for the way the safety is located and of course the size of the safety leve; Oh one more thing is it is difficult to mount a decent optic on them because they were not designed for that. They are decent battle rifles, but at my age, I hope I never need to go into battle and if I do, I have a couple of pretty good long range rifles that I can snipe with.
If you like them, that is just fine with me. I have a couple of friends who like them. They're just not something that I want to mess with.
It might be a good idea to stay out of Texas. Some of those cowboys are even more red neck than we are here in Oregon.

That is their problem. AKs and AKMs take a licking and keep on ticking through almost anything. If others need something to elevate their sense of self worth (to compensate for other personal inadequacies ?) so what. I figure AR Pistols inside 15 yards, AK to 100, and ARs beyond. But that's me. Of course I've got a concealable handgun for the close in unexpected. The key is to practice to become competent with whatever you have. Screw all them who'd disrespect you practicing and honing your skills.

Right. Hi-Points are crap, but that doesn't make Hi-Point owners crap--so what we need to do is ensure they develop safe habits, and show them how to find deals so they can upgrade to better as soon as they can afford it. You know, that "mentorship" stuff people are always talking about? :)

Hi-Points work just find - but the pistols are sensitive to limp-wristing. And yeah they are clunky and inexpensive - good trunk guns.

That is their problem. AKs and AKMs take a licking and keep on ticking through almost anything. If others need something to elevate their sense of self worth (to compensate for other personal inadequacies ?) so what. I figure AR Pistols inside 15 yards, AK to 100, and ARs beyond. But that's me. Of course I've got a concealable handgun for the close in unexpected. The key is to practice to become competent with whatever you have. Screw all them who'd disrespect you practicing and honing your skills.
As the THR mod formerly known as Lee Lapin [IIRC] observed, "Mindset, Skillset, Toolset - in that order."

Sounds to me like a liberal part of Texas

Isn't Magpul doing AK mags now too? lol

Yeah and they suck, just not as bad a US Palm (now out of business) or the even worse Tapco (aka: Crapo.)

Polymer is strong, but if we're talking "plastic" i know the bakelites to be a little more OG and tens times sexier

It is not the strength of the "plastic" that make a good AK mag but rather the proper metal reinforcing at the feed lips and locking lugs, such as the Bakelites and Bulgarian Circle 10 Mags. If you want to play it safe without spending a fortune, get Mil-surplus East Euro or ChiCom steel mags.

Last Edited:
I have a Mak 90 that I picked up in '95. I like it but I do prefer the AR platform. That being said, I have never even thought about what people might think about having one. I think everyone should own at least 1 of each + 10 mags and 1000rds of ammo minimum. JIC

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top