Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ak74 or AR15-$600 max

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Bubba Rogowski, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Bubba Rogowski

Bubba Rogowski Southwest Portland Member

Shopping around for first black rifle, in an intermediate cartridge (.223 or 5.45). Would like a better Tantal or maybe a decent, "shooter" AR15. :eek: Love to get ammo/accessories in the deal, do could go a bit higher on the right deal...I know I cannot afford to be very picky, so try me...Man, I wish K-Var would drop the dang prices on their 5.45s!

I'd consider AKs or Saigas that will take AK mags, too, just no WASRs. I'll consider anything "black" and solid, worst I can say is no. Thanks.

2. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

3. Bubba Rogowski

Bubba Rogowski Southwest Portland Member

I'll tell you folks, both your ideas were basically the ones I was down to (been looking at that interarms tantal for a while, pogi. pretty sweet. is there any ammo you have for sale, too? just curious for now). And those dang bargain bin ar15s at CMMG are the same thing: very tempting.

I am still kicking myself for not buying nhuman's ar15 that was sold earlier this week. ar15 with a magpul stock and 200 rounds for $685, right here in PDX. Dangit.

Not bidding right now, but might in a few days. Definitely still watching the classifieds like a hawk.

4. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

I've got some ammo to sell if you decide to purchase the Tantal.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Century arms has 1080 round tins of 5.45 for $107 right now! Pick up one even if you don't have the gun yet! What other rifle can you shoot a 30 round mag for under $3?

6. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

It shows $143.02 when I looked it up on there site. If I can find it for $107 I am all over it.

7. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I have an AR15 built by nhuman, and trust me, it is very high quality. :thumbup:

So I guess I will pile on, on you kicking yourself for missing out on nhumans AR15, but in a friendly sort of way............:laugh:

You might want to shoot him a PM, he might be able to put something together for you in your price range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

8. codeman583

codeman583 Central OR Member

Check out the one I just listed! 140 rounds down the pipe, and for the right price I can include some ammo in a deal to put something together as well.

without the Noveske rear sight I could go a bit lower on it... I know I can get money out of the sight at some point without too much trouble.

hit me up if your interested!

9. gst264

gst264 Independence Member

10. keitha300wsm

keitha300wsm Lebanon, OR Member

Have you found your Black rifle yet?