JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a nice Ak74 on a trade and want to upgrade the stock to a railed T6 collapsible style and put a red dot on it. Also unsure where to get the goofy side scope mount.

Its a 4 year old Romanian WASR II CAI with all factory wood furniture and looks unused.

Only problem is I don't know what parts are interchangeable between the 47 and 74 and most of the websites i have looked at say they aren't answering their phones because of the madness.

Can someone tell me how I can find out what parts cross and a company to purchase from that would have knowledgeable staff besides Midway or Brownells.

Thanx

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I have a couple of Saigas and due to wanting them both usable by either me or my wife, I put a Phoenix Kicklite collapsable on both of them. I chose that one over the Tapco T6 because of the angle of the stock when mounted to the receiver. The Phoenix is at a slight upward angle(really more level with the action) which promotes a better cheek weld/sight alignment as opposed to the downward angle of the Tapco. And it would be even more pronounced with a scope. The recoil absorbing capability is not really needed with a 7.62 but the angle issure made the choice easy.

I have looked at the Ultimak setup for mounting a red dot, I am sure they are of high quality, but I decided to do something different because I don't like having the the gas tube strapped to the barrel - limiting take down ability. So I machined a rail that I will be welding to the factory gas tube in place of the angled heatshield spotwelded to it. I planned on posting some pics when done.

Hey Glock23gp,

Do what you want to your AK.

Yes, I also agree that a WASR2 looks good as is with the original wood furniture, but having said that, I have numerous AKs, some with wood buttstocks, folding, and collapsible.

Enjoy converting yours...and get ready to start on your second!:s0155:

Be well,
Will

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR