JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So..I'm thinking about buying new furniture for my ak. I was google searching and came across a good idea. I know some of you think that the ak should remain with the original furniture..I agree..but i want a tactical look and i'll still have the original furniture that I can change back anytime my heart desires to :)

Rifle : Romy G code with a Ewbanks receiver. Flawless..went shooting no single misfire. My fav rifle in the world.

Here's a pic that will give u an idea of what i wanna do with it.
SO.... YAY or NEI?????

IMG_7446.jpg

I think that looks GREAT:s0155: So long as you hang on to your original furniture I don't see a down side. Be prepared tho, I helped my bro do the conversion on his Madi and there was a fair amount of "hand fitting" involved to make the kit fit his (ATI kit). In the end I think it was well worth it, and there were NO modifications made to the gun it's self, just mods to the new furniture to make it fit.

So..I'm thinking about buying new furniture for my ak. I was google searching and came across a good idea. I know some of you think that the ak should remain with the original furniture..I agree..but i want a tactical look and i'll still have the original furniture that I can change back anytime my heart desires to :)

Rifle : Romy G code with a Ewbanks receiver. Flawless..went shooting no single misfire. My fav rifle in the world.

SO.... YAY or NEI?????

IMG_7446.jpg

The question is, do you like it ? That's all that counts.....;)

I've yet to see a scope mount that allows a cheek "weld" on the buttstock with an AK.
It's like putting a Holographic sight on a sledgehammer....It's a freakin' sledgehammer already ....Not a Scalpel.
Old school...
usrifle

SO.... YAY or NEI?????

IMG_7446.jpg

Beautiful!!! Well done.:D

I've yet to see a scope mount that allows a cheek "weld" on the buttstock with an AK.
It's like putting a Holographic sight on a sledgehammer....It's a freakin' sledgehammer already ....Not a Scalpel.
Old school...
usrifle

Ultimak and Aimpoint Micro. Co-witnesses with irons.

The telescoping stock is nice for adjustment if you need it. The cheekpiece should be nice as well. I've had horrible luck with side mounts. And you have to rezero after cleaning/removal. The ACOG is mounted very high. Go for a lower mount something. I like the side sling swivels. The rails on the handguard are okay, but don't expect it to hold zero. VFGs on AKs make it more difficult to reload.

If you like the look of tacticool then go for it. But sheepdog is right. All that tacticool garb is extra weight and money that could be used on ammo. My AR is bare bones. Nothing extra that doesn't add accuracy. But then again I use my AR for competition.

I love that!!!!!!!!!
The tactical side of an AR with the reliability of an AK.
I actually like ARs better, However, I wouldn't shoot wolf or something crappy through my AR over several thousand rounds and trust it not to fail.

Of course I would only use better ammo and clean it after every use.

Kit gun- go 'utilitarian' (I hate the word tactical, to over played)

if you had a preban import, leave it classic

post ban import.... Hard to say guess it depends on condition and purpose of the rifle.

SF-

Do it, you're not gonna kick yourself for not doing it, why keep it all traditional looking when you can make it comfortable and accurate to your needs? :s0155:

IMO it's like putting $2000 in wheels on a $200 car. I like function over flash so most of my bolt on's must make it work better in a way that I feel my cash was well spent. I would rather have a second AK then one that looks cool. Lol double fistin is always cool!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top