JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, I'd agree. If you are a bit mechanically inclined, the piston is a good choice.

Perhaps I need to check on that for my NHM. The piston is several inches longer than the standard carbine, and I had just assumed that it wouldn't be available.

Keith

I'd avoid any of the slip on muzzle devices. They all seem to become projectiles sooner or later.

There are some decent brakes for 14mm LH threads for around $20. I'll post a link to some when I get back home.

H

my question isn't about the stock, but it does have to do with working on an ak. i got a saiga 47 that i just converted. i moved the fcg and grip foward, installed an ace stock and a folding mechanism for it. one of the things i wanted to do was to mod it to accept ak mags. the filing of the mag release is easy enough, but i really didn't want to drill and tap my trunion to install a bullet guide. my question is...

-can i lower the feed ramp to allow the round to feed?

below you can see a photo of the tip of the round hitting the face of the barrel, just a millimeter or two below the ramp, failing to go into battery
can anyone foresee complications with dremeling the ramp? i wouldn't think so, but i'd hate to do something permanent to my gun that isn't right
i dont have a stock ak so i dont know how it allows the bullets to feed. maybe it has a trunion with a guide already in it or the barrel already has a bigger ramp... i just dont know

IMG_1937.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1932.jpg
IMG_1931.jpg

That's a nice looking conversion.

Yes, the standard AK already has the guide.

I would think dremeling the rear of the chamber isn't the best of ideas, but I couldn't tell you why not other than they don't do it this way in a standard AK for a reason.

I think some folks over on Saiga12.com JBWelded their guides in place, but I would think the drill and tap method or standard welding is more sound mechanically.

Keith

That's a nice looking conversion.

Yes, the standard AK already has the guide.

I would think dremeling the rear of the chamber isn't the best of ideas, but I couldn't tell you why not other than they don't do it this way in a standard AK for a reason.

I think some folks over on Saiga12.com JBWelded their guides in place, but I would think the drill and tap method or standard welding is more sound mechanically.

Keith

thanks, i try. the conversion wasnt as tough as i thought. now im REALLY considering building a sbr psl from a parts kit.
i dont think i wanna go the jb weld route, but spot welding a plate or guide sounds solid. i'll let you guys know how that turns out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top