Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

AK47 Romanian 75 Round Drum Help

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by armedredneck, Nov 27, 2010.

1. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

Just got one today. Can't get all 75 rds in. Only 73. I read reviews on Cheaper Than Dirt said some people were shoving 1-3 extra rounds in these things. I can't even get the regular max capacity. Not that I would try to go over that. I'm not one of those "15+1, 15 in the can one in the pipe" kind of guys. I watched this video on youtube

YouTube - The RIGHT way to load a 75rd AK Drum Magazine

and did it the exact same way, however after filling the mag, spinning it to feed the first rounds to the top, I can't fit in the last couple rounds he does in the video. Anyone else have this problem with the magazines or have any ideas?

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

If you are following the video and can't duplicate it, I'd say there is a slight issue with the drum. Not to worry, though. If you can't kill whatever you're shooting with 73 rounds, you've got BIG problems :laugh: .

Mine loads fine.

Keith

3. armedredneck

I'm thinking it's probably okay. Those were kinda my thoughts as well...if I can't do it with 73, then 75 probably isn't gonna make much of a difference. Just irks me that it doesn't work like it should. I'm going to shoot it and if it feeds properly I guess I'll just deal.

4. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

They are a blast. Noisy, though. I can't imagine trying to hump through the bush with one.

Keith

5. armedredneck

I noticed the noise too. It rattles like ****. It would be excellent for some serious castle defense.