JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off the idea of a "starter" firearm makes me wonder. Why waste time and money trying to find the best inferior firearm?
Buy something decent.

Now here's my 2 cents, I had a Maadi MISR a few years ago, nice gun. I just couldn't get past the sheet metal reciever, so I sold it. If I were to get another I would build one up from a milled reciever. Century has them for $100 bucks, Green Mountain has barrels for the milled reciever for around a hundred last I checked. Sure you are going to spend a few bucks for the shipping and transfer, but what the heck, you'll have a cool gun when you are done.

I paid $500 for a Yugo m70 underfolder. What you loose in "robustness" of the full wood stock you gain in the ability to maneuver your weapon in tight areas, vehicles, homes ect, it's almost a cross between a rifle and a pistol as far as I can tell. I agree with not over doing it on the doodads n stuff, only "mod" my ak has is a heavy drum magazine, you know, for when saying "f*** you" just isn't enough

Npap and M70 underfolders are GREAT! I owned one and have since traded it.. But i was a terrific rifle.
..& If compact is your game, Keep checking local FFLs
(Frontline armory, I think thats the name)
and online (J&G sales)

Scored my M92 for 400ish same with my M85..

With the M92..I haven't yet added an arm brace.. Think I may keep it short and sexy.

My M85 on the other hand..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top