JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back, I bought an AK47 M64 kit. Originally I welded up the cut (milled) receiver but it never worked very well, to say nothing of the weld strength (or lack of).

Persistence paid off and a few years back, I got my AK a genuine milled receiver, reassembled the gun, adjusted the head space, bought it some nice furniture, etc...

Took it out shooting this last weekend and what do you know? Jams with every round, I looked at the bent-up unfired ammo and thought "It's as if the gun's loading ramp it trashed."

Well I had a look and I could not find a load ramp at all - it is MISSING. It looked like it was there at one time, perhaps not...

I think that if there is a missing load ramp, that it is "U"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You assembled it years ago and just recently shot it?

Do you have any photos of that demilled receiver you welded up previously?

I recently got the new receiver so anything which had been previously assembled was disassembled to be assembled onto it.

No photos....

I hear from the AK guys that jams are all too common due to the next cartridge ALMOST making it into the breech but not quite. They also say that breaking the edge with a file on the lowest side of the breech will fix the problem

I hear from the AK guys that jams are all too common due to the next cartridge ALMOST making it into the breech but not quite. They also say that breaking the edge with a file on the lowest side of the breech will fix the problem

I found the part but it has been discontinued:

100-022-711WB
AK-47 7.62X39 Bullet Guide
Mfr Part: DDI47BG
p_100022711_2.jpg

So I now know two things (1) my hunch was correct and (2) finding one will be a challenge

Try Carolina Shooters Supply and KVAR. that is a strange problem as the only receivers that I'm aware of that didn't have a bullet guide were the Russian Saigas. The bullet guides from factory are riveted in. The aftermarket ones can be drilled and tapped.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top