JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it is stock, it will be easy if you are handy with a welder or brazing torch.

Take an 30 round steel magazine, strip the guts out of it.
There will be a notch where the bullets exit out of the front of the mag, clean that squared out notch with a wire brush, and then cut a chunk of eighth inch solid Key stock, mild steel, to fit the notch in the front of the mag, and then either weld it in place to fill the notch, or braze it in place with silversolder.

I can tell you from experience that the silver solder will last alot longer and has not come out of my magazines, where as the mig welded ones at least one of them had come loose with hard use.

Right now it is stock, got it from sportsman warehouse in puyallup this morning.

Why do you ask, and what is all this that wood worker is talking about? I am new to the AK's. so school me.

Saiga-12 forum my friend. Even the standard stock saiga ak is an awesome rifle.
If its unconverted there is SOME work to be done to allow you to successfully utilize standard AKM magazines.

Also note, if it does not have the proper parts count (922r) you cannot insert a magazine into the rifle (legally) exceeding the factory 10 rounds regardless of the US made mags without being in violation of 922r.. And in todays anti firearm atmosphere it wouldn't be worth it to somehow get caught in violation of said 922r.

However all the above.mentioned is only if your rifle is in its factory unconverted form.. Meaning it looks more like a traditional hunting rifle than an AKM (i.e. No pistol grip)..

Just food for thought.
best of luck hunting down some magazines, let me know if you do find some secret stashes I want more as well.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.